Nobels ODR-1

Big Mike

Multimeh
OMG where have you been all my life?

Sub 100 bux used.

Might be thebest souding overdrive I've heard. Thank heavns for my addiction to rig rundowns..(Tim Pierce and Guthrie trapp)

That thing is MONEY!!!

No Tube screamer clone.

Anyone else use one?

9503178.jpg

I've been tempted to get one just because Tim Pierce has used one forever. I think someone here on the forum might have one but I can't remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've been fighting it on and off for years. Pierce is a reason for sure, and I'm a guthrie trapp worshipper.
I've put it off thinking, meh it's cheap, can't be that good. I should get the Rocket GTO or some such.

Well..insomnia and ebay collided.

This thing kicked all the OD's off my board so far. Honeymooning, but i'm using this with the Archer pushing it for boost and higher gain, it's fabulous.
And it's the reissue. Got it shipped for 80 bux? Pretty badass.

nice solid build too. I thought it would be a nother 'bad monkey'. You know, hey cool, kinda tube screamerie, and 50 bux good. But that's it.

I'm pretty blown away. Especially with a tele, but with the new Kauer too.

Maybe amp dependent? Through the DRRI it's just fantastic. Especially when I figured out the spectrum. (essentially an EQ V notch)

Yep. I had one on my country board. It's very popular among Nashville studio people, and I'm a fan. I used it with a DRRI FWIW.
I still have it, but I don't currently have it on any boards.

I am 90% certain it is the overdrive used on Johnny Cash's version of Rusty Cage (overdrive starts at 01:27).

Yep. I had one on my country board. It's very popular among Nashville studio people, and I'm a fan. I used it with a DRRI FWIW.
I still have it, but I don't currently have it on any boards.

I am 90% certain it is the overdrive used on Johnny Cash's version of Rusty Cage (overdrive starts at 01:27).

Whoever decided to get Johnny to cover those tunes is a freaking genius.

I knew Rick produced most of it but I wasn't sure if it was his idea or if Johnny started doing it before he worked with Rubin. Either way, he ended up giving us some really awesome versions of some great tunes.
Pretty involved from beginning to end. As he said they went into it with no real expectations. Rubin would send him CDs with 30 songs to listen to. Said Cash was scared (laughingly) of the original Rusty Cage and Rubin had to record an alternate take for Cash to see the potential.
Good article but not a quick read.

There may have been a video interview at some point. I knew most of this before I read this particular article.

Pretty involved from beginning to end. As he said they went into it with no real expectations. Rubin would send him CDs with 30 songs to listen to. Said Cash was scared (laughingly) of the original Rusty Cage and Rubin had to record an alternate take for Cash to see the potential.
Good article but not a quick read.

that was a cool article. I'm glad Rick started that, their collaboration gave us some great music.

OMG where have you been all my life?

Sub 100 bux used.

Might be thebest souding overdrive I've heard. Thank heavns for my addiction to rig rundowns..(Tim Pierce and Guthrie trapp)

That thing is MONEY!!!

No Tube screamer clone.

Anyone else use one?

9503178.jpg
How would you describe it, compare it to others if possible? I ask because I was part of the OCD Kool Aid. I hated that pedal until I put it in front of the right amp.

How would you describe it, compare it to others if possible? I ask because I was part of the OCD Kool Aid. I hated that pedal until I put it in front of the right amp.

I friggen hate the OCD. Bland and blech.

To me, in front of the fender, this is balanced, with a ton of low end. the spectrum is an eq..as you go towards 3 oclock it makes the mids more present, might kick the highs and lows back a touch. The opposite scoops it out.
It just feels like a kind of 'standard' overdrive tone. It's not a huge coloration, but ai'm not going to use the 'transparent' word either, it's not.

It's very versatile, with gain to spare, plenty of low end, and does a great job with pedals stacking into it. I guess I could see it being sorta similar to an OCD except it doesn't sound like ass. LOL

Check out Tim Pierce's rig rundown when you can, his pedalboard rundown? Illustrates it pretty well. Guthrie trapp's too.

Back