No Wolrd Series Thread...

Jake Peavey pitching.

So we have Jake Peavey, Bob Gibson, Dizzy Dean, Raoul Ibanez....are there any other guitar-related baseball names?

:gah:

WTF

At least this hasn't been a boring series in the slightest.

Having no dog in this fight, this is one of the more exciting postseasons I've seen. The back and forth has been incredible and if this game ends the way it seems to be heading, Game 7 is going to be amazing no matter who wins.

Having no dog in this fight, this is one of the more exciting postseasons I've seen. The back and forth has been incredible and if this game ends the way it seems to be heading, Game 7 is going to be amazing no matter who wins.

Yeah, it's been quite the roller coaster. My wife has been calling it the 'tit for tat' series. I hated the sweep of the Tigers, no excitement beyond the blowout.

I really hope they give MadBum the ball for game 7.

i stand corrected......i had given up on KC......9-0 in the 6th......i would have bet money against that happening......the way they just gave up in the last two games.

I actually don't like these scores in any sport...

Takes the sitting on the edge of your seat out of it...

Yeah, it's been quite the roller coaster. My wife has been calling it the 'tit for tat' series. I hated the sweep of the Tigers, no excitement beyond the blowout.

I really hope they give MadBum the ball for game 7.

I think Hudson starts the game and Bumgarner finishes it, kinda like Randy Johnson in 2001 with the Diamondbacks. I also think if the Giants win, you've got to give Pence at least half of the MVP. The man is hitting .500 and is just as deserving as Bumgarner.

I think Hudson starts the game and Bumgarner finishes it, kinda like Randy Johnson in 2001 with the Diamondbacks. I also think if the Giants win, you've got to give Pence at least half of the MVP. The man is hitting .500 and is just as deserving as Bumgarner.

That's probably how it will play out, and couldn't agree more about Pence. He is peaking at just the right time.

edit: The thing that makes me nervous is They said the same thing about having Peavey on a short leash and Petit in the pen just in case. Look how that turned out. In a rare managerial mistake, Bochy should have pulled Peavey before Aoki like he was going to.

Last edited:
That's probably how it will play out, and couldn't agree more about Pence. He is peaking at just the right time.

edit: The thing that makes me nervous is They said the same thing about having Peavey on a short leash and Petit in the pen just in case. Look how that turned out. In a rare managerial mistake, Bochy should have pulled Peavey before Aoki like he was going to.

I'm not sure Bochy really made a mistake here. In fact, I think he was looking to Game 7 from the beginning. Peavy has been awful this postseason and IMO, Bochy didn't want him pitching the decisive game. So he flipped Peavy and Hudson. You can't blame it entirely on Peavy if only because Belt misplayed the ball (and even still, that wasn't much of a misplay, he got caught in between). It was a weird inning and it was still a game until Petit just couldn't get anyone out. So they'll both sit out tomorrow while Hudson/Bumgarner go. But I think Bochy thought it could blow up in his face like this and he can put it behind him and look to tomorrow to have that second chance.

I'm not sure Bochy really made a mistake here. In fact, I think he was looking to Game 7 from the beginning. Peavy has been awful this postseason and IMO, Bochy didn't want him pitching the decisive game. So he flipped Peavy and Hudson. You can't blame it entirely on Peavy if only because Belt misplayed the ball (and even still, that wasn't much of a misplay, he got caught in between). It was a weird inning and it was still a game until Petit just couldn't get anyone out. So they'll both sit out tomorrow while Hudson/Bumgarner go. But I think Bochy thought it could blow up in his face like this and he can put it behind him and look to tomorrow to have that second chance.

Yeah, I'm just pointing out he had Petit and Javi Lopez throwing in the pen, then Peavy got the second out, and instead of bringing in Lopez for Aoki, he kept Peavy on the mound.

that was a pretty bad hit on the thigh. let's see how he gets down in the crouch.

this one could be quite the roller coaster....

That Panik double play was the best defensive play of the entire postseason. Give that kid a contract.

Back