NO HNPD....my first Klon...and 2nd...

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
I was making my way home after the OC Blues Jam yesterday and stopped at the Guitar Center in Fountain Valley. I got off the freeway since the 405 was jammed heading north and the exit was right there. Didn't see any used gear I was interested in until I went to the used pedal case.

Holy Shit I see my first fucken Klon at my finger tips. Notice the price....Fuck that shit!!!

Klon 1 - S.jpg

As I getting to finish up scanning the used pedal case I come across a second used one....WTF???

Klon 2 - S.jpg

Before I leave GC I decide to talk to the Sales Girl about the Klon's. She tells me that they guy who sold the two to them has 18 more - WTF??? Then she tells me that he was about to sell the store a '59 Les Paul worth about a Quarter Mil....

What the fuck did I do wrong???

:shrug:

Not to wet-blanket the festivities, but if I work at GC and know anything about gear, anyone who has 20 Klons and a '59 LP should not be coming to any GC store to sell them. There is a bit of aroma of rat in here...

Last edited:
Not to wet-blanket the festivities, but if I work at GC and know anything about gear, anyone who has 20 Klons and a '59 LP should not be coming to any GC store to sell them. There is a bit of aroma of rat in here...

So you are saying it's a Rat pedal in a Klon casing??

I also think it is a bit fishy that someone would own 20 Klons.....but it is possible.

So did you try it?

No. I would probably have to put a refundable down payment to even try it.

Lots of money in that area so I doubt it. Besides to sell something to the store, you have to provide two forms of ID and the items still need to be held for 30 days before it can leave the store. I asked if they belonged to Keith Urban because he uses two on his pedal board but it wasn't.

As for GC, why not? This store has a lot of high end priced gear like the Hollywood store.

No. I would probably have to put a refundable down payment to even try it.

Lots of money in that area so I doubt it. Besides to sell something to the store, you have to provide two forms of ID and the items still need to be held for 30 days before it can leave the store. I asked if they belonged to Keith Urban because he uses two on his pedal board but it wasn't.

As for GC, why not? This store has a lot of high end priced gear like the Hollywood store.

Yes, but my guess is most of the higher-end vintage stuff they get isn't necessarily from people that know the true value of what they are selling, or are desperate for any kind of cash for whatever reason. If someone has a '59 LP to sell, and they know what the value is, I'm sure they can find a buyer that will pay a lot closer to what the value is than GC would.

I just find it really odd that someone who allegedly has 20 Klons wouldn't sell them on the open market to maximize their return; I'm sure that a lot of TGPers would pony up :wink: - IF they were real...

Yes, but my guess is most of the higher-end vintage stuff they get isn't necessarily from people that know the true value of what they are selling, or are desperate for any kind of cash for whatever reason. If someone has a '59 LP to sell, and they know what the value is, I'm sure they can find a buyer that will pay a lot closer to what the value is than GC would.

I just find it really odd that someone who allegedly has 20 Klons wouldn't sell them on the open market to maximize their return; I'm sure that a lot of TGPers would pony up :wink: - IF they were real...

Part of what you say I can agree on. The other thought is there may have been other gear in the vault they may have wanted to get. After all if these items were stolen goods, they would have most likely been registered.

Unsure of how many people are on TGP, I know that I have an account but don't even visit there.

Back