No good corporate April Fool's Day bits this year?

shoeless

Riffin'
Usually Google at least has some bogus press release that's good for a few laughs. I haven't seen much of anything this year. Have we officially lost our sense of humor?

Usually Google at least has some bogus press release that's good for a few laughs. I haven't seen much of anything this year. Have we officially lost our sense of humor?

My facebook feed is full of stuff like pickle & ketchup blizzards at DQ, trout and saurkraut beer from shiner, Taco Bell getting busted for human meat in tacos (not sure TB came up with that one themselves)...

Here's a good one for ya:

http://ridicooler.yeticoolers.com/

UK newspaper Mirror had quite a good one (if you're familiar with football).
Starting next year players will be allowed to take selfies after scoring a goal, anywhere they like on the pitch.
Anyone photobombing will be rewarded with a yellow card. :grin:

And apparently the Cern scientists have found evidence of The Force (yes, that one) actually existing. :lol:

11091008_10155362613830261_6555585482479447095_o.png

Reeses already ordered his...
11011058_675346235924188_4854626292857918531_o.jpg

I got Rick Rolled by Andy Wehr (the author of The Martian). He posted a link to the official trailer for the movie.

Had this on my Facebook :lol:

New! Salvation mods introduces
The groundbreaking BLACK MOD
The module that was designed to emulate the sound of the famous Metallica 1991 Black album.
the module does not offer the usual switching options and other controls.
All the important parameters are hardwired inside due to countless hours of engineering, use of separate tracks off the record, AB tests using tons of gear etc.
There is only one mighty control : the James/Kirk pot.
Fully counterclockwise there is the powerful and massive rhythm guitar sound of Mr. Hetfield.
Fully clockwise control activates the essential wah wah circuit for endless and fast licks - the signature Kirk Hammett tone!
The inbetween Noon setting offers both tones!!
Because the devil is in the details, the module has a black LED status indicator, that lights up with black light.

11101239_908643532519826_7812795683393184046_n.jpg

I made a sign for a restroom stall at work and pinned up pictures of various pop stars in some cubicles just to fuck with people. Nobody bothered to do anything.
411060736.jpg

I'm still trying to grasp the German sense of humor... This was posted on the door to a passage between two buildings

074e71a5baf067b6ce7659b48d28c110.jpg

Bummer. I loved that book and can't wait for the movie.
Same here (I read it on your recommendation, if memory serves).
However, I cringe when I think of all the ways Hollywood (Ridley Scott in particular) can take the darn near perfect story that The Martian is and turn it into just another formula "science fiction". I predict that at the very least Watney will have a love interest. And a pet monkey.

Back