No boxing thread?

I'm slowly starting to get worked up for this.

I don't think it'll come close to meeting the hype (though I'm very open to being proved wrong)

I think Mayweather will take it on points and it looks like th ebookies agree too. The only thing even remotely reasonable worth betting on that would make it worth it is a draw and I can't see that happening either.

It's not going to be on until 5am over here and it was too much of a pain to organise seeing it live so I'm running a 10k OCR on SUnday then shooting right over to my brothers sans radio, facebook or mobile to watch it on catch up :thu:

The Europe in which boxing is supremely popular is of course a cherry-picked Europe:

Geen enkele Vlaamse zender heeft de rechten voor het gevecht verkregen. In Wallonië zendt het Franstalige Be tv de wedstrijd wel uit. Via Telenet is de zender wel te bekijken in het Franstalige pakket Be tv Sport.

("No Flemish channel has the rights for the fight. Blah blah Wallonia blah.") I know it's on Sky pay-per-view in Chermany, where I am also not, but I haven't been able to find out where if anywhere it might be in the Netherlands. (Fox has a pay-per-sport thing; it might well be there.)

Update: there doesn't seem to be any (live or live-ish) TV broadcast in the Netherlands, free or paid or pay-per-view. The Europe I get to live in, as so often happens, is a pale shadow of the ones Americans tell each other glorious stories of.

Last edited:
Yeah.

NBC recently made a big deal for for boxing programming, and it premiered last month.

I grew up watching USA Friday Night Fights. There was almost always at least one really good fight on the card.

I watched a couple of the NBC Friday Night Fights. Every fight was a snooze fest.

Boxing is still a thing? Really? I haven't cared about boxing since Tyson was in his prime. I don't know one person who pays attention to boxing now.

He'll be back!!

manny-pacquiao-1024.jpg

Back