NND!

GilmourD

Eater of Worlds
Staff member
I FINALLY got a new neck for my Gilmour Strat after bitching for three years that the neck I had was just not right.

Scored a Fender '50s Classic neck off the Seymour Duncan forum.

06da40c4323a76e621f2ed10f2780686.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

And? Is it right now?
That it is.

Minus the hint of stickiness on the back of the neck (which I'll knock down once I can find where I put my 0000 steel wool) it actually feels a lot like the back shape on my red Tele, which is an AllParts TMO-V. The old neck is an MIM Standard neck that I think a previous owner (I think I was owner 3 or 4) planed the fretboard down flatter, so it felt a bit Ibanez-ish. The back shape is IDENTICAL to my '94 MIM Standard Strat, but the fretboard just feels flat, making it hard for my style of play. My cousin would probably like it. LOL

Just need to do those minor, microscopic tweaks of the setup which I realize over time, but it's dialed in pretty damn close right now.

I have one (complete) guitar that doesn't have a maple board and that's my Les Paul. All 11 others are one or two piece maple. LOL

HNND!
There's nothing quite like the perfect feel of the right neck!
Yeah, this is a huge upgrade in neck feel.

The hard part was that this is visually supposed to be the Gilmour Black Strat, so the Fender logo was more important than I would usually find it and I didn't want to fake it. Normally I don't care if there's no logo or a weird headstock.

Back