NMD

Aahzz

Habanero Evangelist
New Modeler Day :)

So, since abandoning my plan to be all acoustic all the time and picking up my Blacktop Strat, I needed something to make it sound good. Having a couple FRFR options at my disposal, I was all set to pick up a Pod Go - but also, having owned and sold 2 Pod Gos, I needed to explore options. After much poking around and some discussion with @micwalt , I decided to try a Boss GX-100.

It arrived today - so far, I've just been messing with stock presets through my Mackie Thump GO, and while they are, like any stock preset, way overstuffed with effects, they sound quite promising. I think I'll like this - it also feels much more well built and solid than a Pod Go.

OK, I'm off to look at the manual and figure out how to make my own presets....

gx100.jpg

New Modeler Day :)

So, since abandoning my plan to be all acoustic all the time and picking up my Blacktop Strat, I needed something to make it sound good. Having a couple FRFR options at my disposal, I was all set to pick up a Pod Go - but also, having owned and sold 2 Pod Gos, I needed to explore options. After much poking around and some discussion with @micwalt , I decided to try a Boss GX-100.

It arrived today - so far, I've just been messing with stock presets through my Mackie Thump GO, and while they are, like any stock preset, way overstuffed with effects, they sound quite promising. I think I'll like this - it also feels much more well built and solid than a Pod Go.

OK, I'm off to look at the manual and figure out how to make my own presets....

View attachment 84861
I have one,and love it.
The amp models are pretty good

Making presets is not hard at all.
I started by tweaking the factory presets.

So I was about to give up on it and return it yesterday, when there were no blank patches available and there's really not an easy way to make one...but once I did finally bother to drag everything out of a preset to make it blank, copying it over to other spots to have some available slots was easy enough. Still, I have to give Boss at least a bit of a ding for not making it obvious or easy to create your own presets from scratch.

Spent some more time today, and have set up 3 that I am quite digging the sound of, and the actual creation/editing truly is very simple - and they both sound and feel really nice. I am going to end up liking this more than the Pod Go, but the initial dive in was a wee bit frustrating.

Well, I did NOT end up liking it more than the Pod Go, and returned it to GC. I was able to get tones close to what I wanted, but the endless tweaking to try and find the last 10% was driving me nuts. Also, using the software with my MacBook, I had to reset the driver every time I plugged it in, which was irritating the living hell out of me. I'm giving myself a couple days, but am probably going back to tubes yet again.

Back