NMD.....New Mic Day!

Saturn

Model Citizen 0 Disipline
So I needed a decent mic for recording guitar and bass. I stopped by GC during work to look around and the guy in pro audio was really helpful. He knew his recoding. He said he ditched his SM57s for Sennheiser e609s for live situations and has been using them with SM57s for recording. I ended up picking one up. A little more than a SM57 but they get great reviews and I won't need to use a mic stand with this mic. It can just be hung over the amp in front of the speaker. I don't know if I'll be able to try it out tonight but I'm looking forward to trying it out to record some demos for the new song we just started working on.

image.jpg

:thu:

Good mic. Just keep in mind that even though you can just hang it over the front, sometimes a few inches out will sound better.

:thu:

Good mic. Just keep in mind that even though you can just hang it over the front, sometimes a few inches out will sound better.

Ya I'll have to experiment with placement especially with bass but I'm hoping for good results. I have a couple things to track before next weekend. I think I'll try out my new Micro Terror and see how that records also.

How do you like it? Reviews say it is really clear and doesn't pick up room noise.

It works fine, although on a gig situation where you almost never get to hear front of house for a soundcheck its hard to tell what is really coming out of the mains. I'm just happy I don't need to bring another mic stand :)

Back