NLTLGD (New Long Term Loan Guitar Day)

Gorgon90

Harmonic Dive Bomber
Drummer in my band is a 3 chord strummer at best but he loves guitars and at last count was in double figures. Couple of weeks ago, he turned up at the gig and announced he had a surprise for me and brought this out.

20140911_010244.jpg

He asked if I could set it up and if I liked it could borrow it as long as I wanted. Above picture is post set up.

Guitar is an Axl Tiger Pro, age unknown. Has had a busy life as has a few chips but the bodywork is generally good although a good clean to get the gunk off the body and fingerboard was needed. Trem was sitting up at 45º to the body despite 4 springs being attached. Google revealed this to be a common fault and a set of 3 new springs and a couple of turns of the screwdriver brought it back to usability. Jack socket nut was missing but I also had a spare for that and a squirt of switch cleaner sorted the crackle in the electrics.

Bound fingerboard with a low action, perfect intonation and a nice player overall. First experience of a speedloader trem and I like the concept even though this is a licenced copy.

One of the locking nut allen screws has been over worked at some point but I haven't got a spare to hand at the moment so ebay will be solving that shortly.

Not a bad guitar for £60 of the drummer's cash. Will be fun for some time methinks.

Back