NLMD

Bob411

thrumming with potential
Said good bye to my beloved Snapper last Thursday. I gave $250 for it 10 years ago at a garage sale. Best deal ever. The Koehler engine still didn't use a drop of oil, and it ran great. I had replaced the steering wheel shaft, and the fan thingamabob it mates to twice, and it needed to be replaced again. I think the frame was bent from the kids running it into trees, and that is why it kept chewing up the gears in the steering. I had a $2000 gift card to Sears, "had a Sears credit card, it became a Master Card, and I get rewards", so it was buy a lawnmower at Sears, or fix the Snapper once again.

I scheduled myself off last Thursday, they came, took my Snapper, and dropped off the new one. I'm asking the guys that delivered it, so the hydrostatic, it has positive detents? Why are there numbers, like it's a manual? Tried mowing with it, doesn't want to shift without using the clutch. Looked at the owner's manual, it's a manual. It's just in a straight line, on the fender, instead of an H pattern between your legs.

Stop by Sears after work Friday, no problem, our mistake, we will send right one out, and pick up wrong one.

Just got a call from a machine they are delivering the right on tomorrow. Wife has school Tuesdays, and Thursdays. That won't work. After 1/2 an hour on the phone, most of it on hold, they can deliver after 3:embarrassed:0, so wife is home.

I havn't owned a mower in about 3 years. the town charges me now, andless that I'd pay a comm. company
much as a ride-on would totally rule, Iwant one of them Ahmish jobs, but with the mowey bit used as the front wheel of a bike

Maybe just have them bring the snapper back. :)

Happy new lawn mower day!

Every time I try a new mower, they never are as easy to mow with than the old 2 stroke lawn boy that I bought at a garage sale for $20.

The driver called me Thursday morning. Said he would be there between noon, and 2:embarrassed:0. Told him, nobody would be there. I talked to someone, and told them it had to be after 3:embarrassed:0. He said, yeah, I have a note that says that, but it's still scheduled for between noon, and 2:embarrassed:0. I guess the guy I talked to, just wanted to get off the phone with me, and made it somebody else's problem. They rescheduled it for today, Saturday. Hopefully I'll have it by fall.

I won't be here when they drop it off. Going to King Music's guitar show. Kind of a NGD for me. Bro in law is buying a Les Paul today. So, I'm getting the Hamer Standard back. :grin:

HNMD!
My back yard is pretty big, but not riding mower big. I put in a few huge raised beds that make for less grass, but mowing here when it is 98 degrees sucks the life from you so I pay some guys $20 a week to mow it. We are getting close to the gotta' On my way! it every week part of the year.

I am dead. Spent way too much time sitting, and standing today. Legs, and back are killing me. Bro in law got his LP. Forgot to take any pics. Took lots of pics of the guitar show, will try to post them tomorrow, when I can sit at the desktop.

Not as many people this year but, the ones that came love guitars, so that was cool.

Right lawn mower is here. I typed a bunch of other stuff, no idea where it went.

Back