NKD - Princeton-y Content.

Is it the real stuff or the fake stuff with the white insulation under the cloth? The latter is complete crap. I only use the push-back for restoration these days but have find it easy enough because there is no stripping...just cut straight and push back. I'm a fan of the topcoat wire from Valvestorm for new builds.
Fake stuff... Whomp whomp

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bingo bango bongo.

FixED the tremolo thingamawhatsit. I found it whilst retracing everything. I went full kindergarten by tracing each connection with a different colored marker. Found that I completely missed a connection to external cab output.

See this painfully obvious line... Yeah. That's the one.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 9.20.39 AM.png

The tremolo was causing a clicking noise that sounded like trem was on even if the effect is completely turned down... For now (or at least until I build a foot switch) I'll use a shorted RCA plug to remedy.

Remaining Items on the to do list -
1. Stain/Dye the cab
2. Get the face plate finished
3. Build foot switch.

Did you use the Mojotone schematic/layout, which incorporates the Stokes Mod (moves the PI plate earlier in the power string for more more PI headroom), or did you use the original Fender power string?

Last edited:
Did you use the Mojotone schematic/layout, which incorporates the Stokes Mod (moves the PI plate earlier in the power string for more more PI headroom), or did you use the original Fender power string?

I used Mojo's. I went full "path of least resistance."

I was starting to look at the mods but hadn't bothered to compare the schematics side by side. I wanted it up and running before I started modding (aside from the triode / pentode switch).

I used Mojo's. I went full "path of least resistance."

I was starting to look at the mods but hadn't bothered to compare the schematics side by side. I wanted it up and running before I started modding (aside from the triode / pentode switch).

I only learned this week that the Mojo schematic/layout had the incorporated the Stokes Mod as "stock." It raises the PI plate voltage by 80-100 volts.

It's been a little slow. There is progress being made. I hit a log jam with the cabinet and faceplate. This will be the last post before the reveal.

As a side note, I've got some recording equipment I'm going to mess around with, so you'll all be able to hear the amp and my mediocre guitar skillz.

upload_2017-11-17_9-58-34.png

upload_2017-11-17_9-58-10.png

My guys at the amp shop were talking with MojoTone and they want his method for Black Tweed. They want to make the black tweed option available to the masses. Look for it next year.

From the dead....

Look what I got going on again.

SkU9VJRA8V0llrH6gikWvfL6-uDtLp24eGYNTITKi8pTJAtHeJWdgYFye86ZjhFIbpqBzOZRinG8KH4gD24hJoGaERAzuwCeJm547dN8G8VNiJwe4pVqJdJPsGaOINkCK69M1kKWGZGSYVdLPCqNuROKna2w4oirkVR14EQvnoYtqdeS1A1U2SM-lcYhC5oZ041iHlLG9KxUJirO_uFO0Sy2R_Wp2uZhDdrCRq3T6A4w784lxkHyDUmG-tdffKKR33XMzEdjXKfYcdp6s1JwrQyOguOL4tQkeiA43iJHUly8Q_pAr6gBhTR-Mbjzm0blR043Yjo2PMA8fqhXeOFQMAtqUfGHMg0UYywZQucUIsBsKOA3LdkFaED2Lw6Dv71-R4FpGK-vDskVdXOv7vDYJ8i_OlnNLoY17MThx1gHEMinctWApxXEyhO09ngjVTGoIwrqH0Q7COEuygbfg2JawuKOYp1AEkFzt6XtE03uERl_q59ZRlSTdB5WBbQp5Z7q-pnU3pPexIi7YrfDzvqUZzVz_MhgedNrqjC-n7-B6CFFbW32_wGhhwkp2oTP57cqkkmBhuFijjgyR3WNDwhflnui4Vp_PGYNc83nrxU=w1040-h781-no

And I found someone to help me with the faceplate... It will no longer be CNC'd.. Printed directly to PVC.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 1.50.36 PM.png

Should have the front and rear plates back next week.

Cut'em. Drill'em. Stall'em.

On the tweed. The second coat appears to have made it dark and taken away the tweed depth. Maybe some light sanding is in order. I also need a handle.

I *may* build a hardwood cabinet for it.

Also - The trem is pretty weak and the reverb get's very surf rock around 6. All in all I'm super stoked to have this one done!

That’s awesome. I’d love a Princeton Reverb head without the tremolo. I think that would be my perfect amp.

Back