NKD - Princeton-y Content.

There are a lot more interesting ideas here. - http://fenderguru.com/amps/princeton-reverb/

There is also a lot of long-standing myth, misguided assumptions, and heresay on that site. Just looking at the quote you posted, it listed the mu factor, but ignores the relationship to rp, the difference in internal resistance, and difference in biasing between all those tubes.

Last edited:
There is also a lot of long-standing myth, misguided assumptions, and heresay on fenderguru.com. Just looking at the quote you posted, it listed the mu factor, but ignores the relationship to rp, the difference in internal resistance, and difference in biasing between all those tubes.

Good to know. Thanks.

I admit to not having ANY knowledge of whoever runs that site, but if I had to guess, I'm assuming it's someone self-taught, with no real EE training. As with the often cited books by Gerald Weber and Aspen Pittman, everything should be taken with a grain of salt and a little extra research.

Once again proving why @Wyatt is one of this forum's most important contributors. :thu:

I tried an AT or AY, don't remember which one. Anyways, I hated it. Not musical. 7025 is just right.

Guys. Guise. G'hais.... Mojotone. Is. Slllllllllllllllllllllllooooowwwwwwwwww.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Guys. Guise. G'hais.... Mojotone. Is. Slllllllllllllllllllllllooooowwwwwwwwww.

What are you waiting on? I can only assume something is on backorder.

Depending on the amount of orders in our system to be processed, it could take up to two days. Usually, however, we try to get orders out the same day. It also depends on the time of day the order is placed. Orders placed before 2pm EST will typically go out the same day

I ordered a chassis and a bunch of other amp parts from Watts audio once; took 2.5, almost 3 months to arrive AFTER they sent it. It was accidentally routed to the Virgin Islands (usps). The tracking # showed it going there, usps confirmed it went there, and it took that long to get back.

I figured out what the hold up is.... The parts got held up with the cabinet.

Look what showed up yesterday!

Here's a before picture to show you what the cabinet looks like before it takes the black...

14991.jpg

Taking a day off to get started on it. YESSSS

You have some fancy equipment on the work table. Do you have the machine that goes ping?

Today's progress!

Mounted the components. I love the MojoTone crap shoot for selecting screws. Some of them are obvious and some not so much. We persevere.
IMG_20170915_142519.jpg

Tranformers mounted.

IMG_20170915_143600.jpg

Had to get a different mount for the filter cap. Luckily I was benched up at the amp shop. Plenty of useful tools and whatnots.

IMG_20170915_145835.jpg

The tediously putting the turret board together.

IMG_20170915_170607.jpg
IMG_20170915_170615.jpg

IMG_20170915_170628.jpg

IMG_20170915_171038.jpg

I'll be back at it tomorrow. I'll solder the board and run the wired connections.

The fun stuff is tomorrow!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170915_143635.jpg
    IMG_20170915_143635.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
Looking good. When I built my Weber kit years ago, the part I liked most was doing the turret board.

Looking good. When I built my Weber kit years ago, the part I liked most was doing the turret board.
It's definitely fun. I was mad I ran out of time. Back to the grind tomorrow.

I figured out what the hold up is.... The parts got held up with the cabinet.

Look what showed up yesterday!

Here's a before picture to show you what the cabinet looks like before it takes the black...

14991-jpg.36264

Taking a day off to get started on it. YESSSS
Wait...what? You're going to make it black? I mean, I guess I can understand why you would...to give it that vintage Fender look, but I think that light tweed looks nice as is. :shrug:

Back