NKD - New Knob Day for the Squier Thinline

wagdog

Ack
Actually put them on a couple days ago. They are from an old twin. I had to use these as the spline on the stock knobs didn't work with the 500k pots that I scrounged from my parts closet. The tone pot is actually from the 70's and it still works great. Anyway, I like the look. Took the pics tonight... and as soon as I set the guitar down to take the pics, helpers...

Someone had asked about the pickups. This the backside of them from when I replaced the pots. I've since replaced the switch w/a CRL - much nicer. Pickups sound great w/500k pots.

HNKD wagdog, and I think the knobs look perfect. Of course, I'm biased.

IMGP9435_zpse4d61e90.jpg

wd, that's the Classic Player Thinline Tele Deluxe, which is the hybrid between the Tele Deluxe (with individual volume and tone controls for each pick up, toggle pickup selector instead of the blade selector, and wide range pickups), and the semihollow contruction of the Thinline Tele. They were selling for a fraction of their worth in a warehouse clearing sale, so I took a chance and found a gem.

wd, that's the Classic Player Thinline Tele Deluxe, which is the hybrid between the Tele Deluxe (with individual volume and tone controls for each pick up, toggle pickup selector instead of the blade selector, and wide range pickups), and the semihollow contruction of the Thinline Tele. They were selling for a fraction of their worth in a warehouse clearing sale, so I took a chance and found a gem.
I really like it! I bet it plays nice.

That looks really nice. Cool cats, too.

Did you talk about the pickups in another thread? I'd love to read a review.
I think someone was asking if they were the same as the MiM WRH - I'm not sure they are, but they do sound good.

With the stock 250k pots, they were too dark. Not muddy, but definitely bass heavy. I really like it w/500k pots. They were set up for splitting, so I wired in a push/pull - sound great as single coils. Also added a treble bleed w/a 220k and .001uf cap.

I'm going to try to do a clip of it soon.

Back