Achtung! NJD

OGG

Master of the Meh
New Job Day.

So my new Job starts today in less than an hour. Feels weird to going back to being a corporate American after 10 years. I'm happy about it, but damn I'm old! It will be nice to start making some income again after the shit fest of the last year that drained us of most of our nest egg. That process still isn't done having its way with my wallet either. Legal fees alone would have put a kid through Harvard. Assholes.

Anyway, like clockwork and in true OGG form, no sooner did I accept this job offer, than I get phone call about a recording and touring opportunity that is huge. I'm skipping the touring part, but will be spending most of my otherwise free time from work work in the studio hopefully earning another Grammy for the shelf.

Private/secret show at Petco Park tonight... ask yourself who has the money to hire that joint out for a night in order to give their employees a private concert with a top selling international artist? I know the answer, but I can't tell you beyond saying it's ironic that they didn't rent the other stadium in town...

I can tell you that Los Lobos is going to open the show. It will be good to see them again.

Busy day, I gots ta roll on out...

HNJD!

I'm on the hunt for a new jobby and damn if it isn't such a pain in the ass. From the unscrupulous 'recruiters' to the incredibly cumbersome fill out your entire resume then attach said resume online application process it's a big old ball of fuck.

Reactions: OGG
HNJD!

I'm on the hunt for a new jobby and damn if it isn't such a pain in the ass. From the unscrupulous 'recruiters' to the incredibly cumbersome fill out your entire resume then attach said resume online application process it's a big old ball of fuck.
Yeah, I hear ya. This process started (for this job) on 08/23. Today I am finally "on the clock". The amount of bullshit you have to filter through just to find a real job opportunity is stupid. Fuck those meathead recruiters in their stupid fucking meathead faces.

Of course, trying to get hired at 47 after being out of the workforce for 10 years is no easy task by itself.

Actually, if you have a recruiter working for you it is incredibly easy. It is when the recruiters are used as a de-facto HR department that the trouble starts.

Anyway, job mojo. They have no idea what they have done:eek:

Actually, if you have a recruiter working for you it is incredibly easy. It is when the recruiters are used as a de-facto HR department that the trouble starts.

Anyway, job mojo. They have no idea what they have done:eek:
I'm already trying to decide who I'm going to fire first... been here two hours. :)

Unfortunately, my job will have doing quite a bit of that. Everybody loves the new hire from outside who comes in and starts chopping heads. It is what it is.

I'm already trying to decide who I'm going to fire first... been here two hours. :)

Unfortunately, my job will have doing quite a bit of that. Everybody loves the new hire from outside who comes in and starts chopping heads. It is what it is.

Well, since you are already posting here during your first day, might as well put us to work too. We would be happy to help determine who stays and who goes.

Details, we need 'em.

I've thought for the past five years that I was in my terminal job, but now I'm not so sure -- things are changing. I sure as hell hope I don't have to start searching now, but am thinking about buying a bottle of Grecian Formula just in case...

Congrats on the new job AND the new side job.

I have been job hunting on the side since I moved and in 5 or 6 applications I have yet to even get an interview. The 62 mile commute isn't bad now, but I know it will get old. Especially on snowy days.

Congrats on the new job AND the new side job.

I have been job hunting on the side since I moved and in 5 or 6 applications I have yet to even get an interview. The 62 mile commute isn't bad now, but I know it will get old. Especially on snowy days.

I can imagine. Between 1985 and 1987 I had to commute 50 miles each way from Idaho Falls to Pocatello, and it weren't fun!

HNJD

looks like you are going to be doing some of this :shrug: big-axe
Good luck though if you are new it probably doesn't have the same impact it did when I had to do it. I'm very glad I'll never do that again

Back