Nita Strauss was shocked to find out that she was playing in front of....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
.... Jason Becker.

Perpetual Burn is a tough enough piece to play, but having the surprise flung on you that you would be playing it in front of Jason Becker himself? Brick shitting time.

Honestly, I have no idea who either of those people are. The names sound kind of familiar, but beyond that... :shrug:

Here you go:

Nita Strauss used to play with the Iron Maidens and then took Orianthi's place in Alice Cooper's band.

I've seen Nita live with Alice twice now, most recently last week - phenomenal player and great stage presence. We were in line to meet her and Ryan Roxie from Alice's band, but she had to leave to warm up while we were about 3 people back - still got to meet Ryan, though, which made my daughter's night.

Cool, I guess.

I have trouble watching anything with Jason. My heart breaks seeing anybody like that.
Then add in that he one someone who was one of my guitar heroes, and I choke up.

Good on anybody who can bring him some joy though.

That was very cool!

I would love to play his blue Carvin, or his Carvin that has the maple neck with numbered fret markers. I wouldn't be worthy, though :(

Great video.
I have to dig out my Cacophony cd.
There is a JB documentary that shows up on Pivot every once in awhile.
It's a good watch.

Bit late to the party, but I finally got around to watching.

It was awesome. Thanks for posting.

Being surrounded by guitars I do not have the physical ability to even pick up sounds like the type of hell I would end up in.

Back