Night Terrors, I have them.

Steverino

black sheep
Usually within the first hour of sleep. Last night I finally awoke, though I thought I was awake, I was still in the grips of it. When I finally did snap out of it, I was in sheer panic, heart pounding. I can never recmember much though. Damn I hate these things. I'm way too old to still be having these, and I've been on a roll here lately.

When I was driving for a living I would often wake up thinking I was moving...I'd think I was in the sleeper and the truck was driving itself...a couple times I was actually out of the bed and halfway across the room before I came to my senses...

Luckily that stopped once I stopped driving full-time...

They are strange for sure....I get them from time to time too....Awake...Can't move....Aware....Can't move....

Don't know if this will help you but I only get them when I'm sleeping on my back

I've learned to live with them...After a lot of patience I can now make sound and wake myself up..

i've had them on occasion. my dad had them pretty bad. didn't start having them until his 50's and they went thru his 60's.

yea....they seem to always happen when yer sleeping on your back.

they have also been tied to sleep apnia.....breathing issues apparently can bring them on.

I had them as a child. The worst part was they didn't really end when I woke up but went on for several minutes. I couldn't shake them.
One was the voice of satan, as I called it. Never could understand the words but I was paralyzed listening and I knew it wasn't good. I still get flashbacks from it at weird times and it still terrifies me.
Weird shit.

I sleep so soundly, I have no idea if I even dream. My wife hates me for it. I fall asleep in less than 10 minutes and am usually out until I get up for good.

I sleep so soundly, I have no idea if I even dream. My wife hates me for it. I fall asleep in less than 10 minutes and am usually out until I get up for good.

Same here, though I recall dreams fairly often. I can fall asleep in minutes and sleep through anything. Makes my wife furious.

I had sleep paralysis and night terrors from time to time in my late teens and early 20s. Freaked the fuck out of one of my roommates and later one of my girlfriends.

I vividly recall one night terror. I had just fallen asleep in my apartment, girlfriend next to me. There was some sort of evil presence that wanted to break into my parents house and kill them. I was there trying to protect them I could sense it but not see it. My girlfriend woke up and saw me pacing around the room yelling "what is it?! What is it?!" She tried to talk to me and I leaped on her, screaming "what is it?!" In her face. She was terrified and started slapping me. I finally came to, confused why she was sobbing uncontrollably.

Poor girl was jacked up for days from that. I felt terrible about it...yet I still fell soundly back to sleep just a few minutes later while she was still crying. Hehe.

Mojo. That is something I have not experienced, I am glad to say. Hope the melatonin helps.
Ya...It's not pleasant but you do manage to ...deal with them I guess...

I remember my first few....I thought I was dead.....Scared the living shit out of me...

They don't bug me too much anymore because I've learned to deal with them....

I've been able to hear,but not move,while words were coming out of my mouth that I swear were straight from the devil.......

Originally they seriously freaked me but I laugh and enjoy them now........

Same here, though I recall dreams fairly often. I can fall asleep in minutes and sleep through anything. Makes my wife furious.

I had sleep paralysis and night terrors from time to time in my late teens and early 20s. Freaked the fuck out of one of my roommates and later one of my girlfriends.

I vividly recall one night terror. I had just fallen asleep in my apartment, girlfriend next to me. There was some sort of evil presence that wanted to break into my parents house and kill them. I was there trying to protect them I could sense it but not see it. My girlfriend woke up and saw me pacing around the room yelling "what is it?! What is it?!" She tried to talk to me and I leaped on her, screaming "what is it?!" In her face. She was terrified and started slapping me. I finally came to, confused why she was sobbing uncontrollably.

Poor girl was jacked up for days from that. I felt terrible about it...yet I still fell soundly back to sleep just a few minutes later while she was still crying. Hehe.
Ya...I guess there's all different ones.... Mine are mainly that my brain and eyes are awake but the rest of my body is still asleep...I've finally been able to make a grunting sound to wake myself from it...It's freaky...

I used to get sleep paralysis when I lived out in KSA - I assume it was related to the stress of life out there but it was no fun.

Definitely only happened when I was asleep on my back too - I'd wake up, not be able to move and there'd be something or someone moving around the room and I'd just have to lie there for a few minutes until I snapped out of it. Pretty sure I woke my neighbour up a few times screaming that I was going to fuck whoever was in my house up as soon as I could move again :grin: :facepalm:

Back