Nickleback sound with pedals

^^Nice post. I still need to eat a habanero and drink Buffalo Trace whiskey.

To Eng13Capt, I wouldn't take any of the negative comments about Nickleback to heart, everyone here likes to take the piss is all.

Thats the beauty of music I guess, we all don't have to agree on it, but we can choose to not comment.

Blasphemy! This place is all about the comments... Welcome to the show... Put on your thick skin and have fun... Hell, just wait til you meet Howie...

Thats the beauty of music I guess, we all don't have to agree on it, but we can choose to not comment.

All right...if you want the real answer...
-set guitar amp for clean and drop the mids to about 4
- guitar controls on about 8 (tone and volume)
- compressor cranked
- any modern metal distortion cranked
- delay set to moderate with the repeats 20% lower in volume tha the original signal
- perhaps a noise gate

If you have active EMGs or seymour Duncan Blackouts you'll have an easier time. Crank all vol and tone wide open and set amp for max gain, controls on amp Bass-8 mid-3 treble-6, delay set the same as above.

Last edited:
^^Nice post. I still need to eat a habanero and drink Buffalo Trace whiskey.

Unfortunately that one won't happen. I don't respond well to spicy food anymore and don't drink anymore.

Its ok to have one, just never use the 2 and 4 position. :grin:
secret0 Don't tell Howie, but those are the best sounding positions on a strat.

So true about positions 2 and 4. As for Howie, respect and take him for a grain of salt. He knows alot yet fails to know great tone from positions 2 and 4.

Blasphemy! This place is all about the comments... Welcome to the show... Put on your thick skin and have fun... Hell, just wait til you meet Howie...

HIAR is fun to have discussions with. His thoughts are real and you need to defend your positioning in order to play the world series. Howie is a big baseball fan!

I will get crushed for this, by why all the hate for Nickelback. Not that anyone did that in this thread, but I see it quite often. I really dig em. So my shield is going up now.

While I probably won't be buying any of their albums, I sure have no hate, and appreciate his skills at writing and performing catchy hooks and lyrics... I think it's just that people are racist against Canadians... :tongue:

I will get crushed for this, by why all the hate for Nickelback. Not that anyone did that in this thread, but I see it quite often. I really dig em. So my shield is going up now.

This is nothing. Over on another forum they go by the name of TickleSac...

422328_2935209631233_1590843982_32551922_1358876426_n.jpg

you should be able to get a good approximation of said butt rock with this (plus some good tones to boot)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back