NGD

mikesr1963

Gonna walk my dog, you?
I've been wanting to put active EMG pickups (81/85) in one of my guitars for as long as I've been a Zakk Wylde and Metallica fan (I'm old people, so a long freaking time). Being the cheap bastard I am I just couldn't/wouldn't drop a coin that big for just pickups. Watching Craig's List for the last couple months a guitar was listed and all it said was Schecter Damien Solo Elite, EMG pickups, Grover tuners, clean guitar. Not a lot of info; I started checking the specs of the guitar on line to figure out what I was looking at and found it had the pickups I wanted. The price was 10 dollars cheaper than the lowest I could find on line from Reverb and/or Ebay without a case. In the end I got the guitar for what I would have to pay for the pickups. Came home, cleaned it, changed strings, made a small truss rod adjustment and played the hell out of it. I love these pickups. They freaking roar with orgasmic metal ecstasy. This is also the last guitar I will ever buy.

Schecter Damien Solo Elite (1).jpg Schecter Damien Solo Elite (2).jpg Schecter Damien Solo Elite (3).jpg Schecter Damien Solo Elite (4).jpg Schecter Damien Solo Elite.JPG

Excellent. I know it is a minority opinion here but I really love EMG pickups. I think their 89 and 85 are fantastic pickups. They sound good doing things besides metal too.

Excellent. I know it is a minority opinion here but I really love EMG pickups. I think their 89 and 85 are fantastic pickups. They sound good doing things besides metal too.
I agree I played clean a good bit today with some chorus and delay and I thought it sounded really good.

Back