NGD!

Then you should take up an entirely new instrument. Go buy a violin or something.

The only new instruments I'd like to learn are more expensive than what I'll be (hopefully) buying. Cello and upright bass and neither of them will be especially useful for me when it comes to work.

The only new instruments I'd like to learn are more expensive than what I'll be (hopefully) buying. Cello and upright bass and neither of them will be especially useful for me when it comes to work.

You make it work, man.

Yeah, the cheapest decent solid-top 4/4 cello you could find would be somewhere around $1300, probably.

Thanks bud, it is a bummer. I have another happier thread to post though and hopefully you do too!

Expected delivery was Monday, but tracking still says left Cincinnati on Sunday with no other updates. Its funny, I buy and sell a ton of stuff and most of the time, USPS tracking is solid and their estimated delivery date is right on, but sometimes they just suck. :grin:

I hope you have been rocking with it.

You make it work, man.

Yeah, the cheapest decent solid-top 4/4 cello you could find would be somewhere around $1300, probably.

While I'm sure I'd really enjoy learning it, I just can't drop that sort of cash on a hobby.

You want the Tweedy, don't you?
Don't do it!

Even the Tweedy would be a compromise, but I do like it a lot. Another Eastman is a good possibility too, if I find one at the right price in the right condition, because this one was hard to put back in the case... I keep wanting to pick it up and play it.

The best thing about the Tweedy is the DB is going to combine the Dreadnought depth with the 00 body; the only other builder doing that is Collings and that's right out. A Collings Waterloo is another (cheaper) option, but is still not going to sound as big as a Dread.

If it's between that and a dread, then go with the 00.

What guitars do you have now? Family photo?

Current collection, the keepers bold:

1964 Kay Folk
1983 Yamaha F-series
1980's Fender Concord

2000's Simon & Patrick SP6 - Cedar and Mahogany
2000's Seagull Mini Jumbo
2009 Godin 5th Avenue
2012(?) Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin
2010 Emerald X7 Carbon Fiber acoustic
2014 Martin 0-15MS Custom (Gruhn's Edition)

2006 Eastman MD605 A-style Mandolin
2000's Godin Glissentar

The Yamaha and Concord aren't really players, but they're my first guitars and are keepers. Everything else can/should go.

Keeping the one on the left:
243500_2318254971312_1916585308_o.jpg

10003677_3899381018475_794045645_o.jpg

y5mso913qubjji33rk07.jpg

Back