NGD!

tumblr_mctmowkh0q1rxi48l.gif

It's probably going back... not at all in the condition the seller advertised it in. :(

I heard back from the seller and they've done a great job of addressing my issues and are letting me return it. The guitar was the Eastman E10SS and the guitar itself sound great and was very comfortable to play. No qualms with the instrument as far as Eastman's craftsmanship... it's every bit a excellent as the other models I've played/own. Back to the dreadnought drawing board I guess. :(

Here's a pic... I know a lot of you don't dig sunburst finishes, but this is the Eastman take on a J45, which I really do love.

Attachments

• IMG_7319.JPG
    IMG_7319.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
So what was the issue with the condition? It's not glaringly obvious based on the pic.

It's difficult to photograph, but the amount of play wear is significantly different than listed in the Reverb ad. Turns out that the ad was a few months old and it had picked up a lot more play wear in the store than originally listed. Lots of checking, a few cracks, and some chipped edges on the headstock and the lower bout. There's also a crack on the rear of the headstock running behind the B-string tuner.

Back