NGD!

Very nice!

The only thing that bothers me about it is the middle strings hit the outer strings tuning peg on the headstock. Not that it affects playability but that just bugs me for some reason.

The Deluxe Laminate forests of Africa produce the trees with the best tone, but they've been ravaged by evil penguin hordes. Asia deluxe laminate is more readily available, but the tone is not as toney.

Seriously though, that's a sweet guitar. Since I'm hearing it in my head, I expect you to play Freddie King's Hideaway on it as soon as you pull it out of the case. I'm sure we would all love to hear a recording thereof as well. :thu:

Heh, probably no Hideaway. :embarrassed: I have a whole bunch of clips I need to get done as soon as I can get my video/editing situation resolved.

The fretwork is impeccable and the Phat Cats sound pretty good, albeit brighter than I expected. I'm going to fiddle with them for awhile, but the plan has always been to replace them with either Lollars or Bare Knuckles. I only had an hour to spend with it last night, but this afternoon I'm going to dig in.

I haven't seen many Eastman guitars in stores. What's the neck like? Is it a slimmer, '60s style or a bigger '50s style?

Niiiice! I'm not normally a big fan of hollows and semihollows but that sure is perty.

Thanks guys! Spent 30 minutes with it this morning and it's got so many tones in it... Really responsive.

Back