NGD

Stratguy

Coffee Junky
I posted in an other thread that I had bought a new (used) Fender Deluxe Player's Stratocaster while I was visiting my son in California in June. I had to wait for the "30 day waiting period" while the police check to make sure it wasn't stolen, so I with a down payment, and then a balance payoff, it was shipped on the 19th, and it arrived today. I plays as well as I remember it - the Vintage Noiseless pickup are awesome - and I am very impressed that the GC store in Oxnard, CA took extra care to clean up, polish, and put an original pickguard back on the guitar (it had a white pickguard when I played it in California). I'll need to get a tremolo arm, but that won't be difficult at all.

I am very happy to report that the tone I fell in love with comes primarily from the Vintage Noiseless pickups, because I have had a chance to play it through a Fender Frontman 212R and a Fender Ramparte so far, and I still love the sound. The nice thing is that what I am hearing good tone so far and gives me plenty of time to decide if there might be a perfect amp for this guitar.

Ok, here's the eye candy:

IMGP9608_zpsa7abceca.jpg
IMGP9611_zps13957474.jpg
IMGP9609_zpsbaffd2f6.jpg
IMGP9615_zpsb3c78e83.jpg

One thing I didn't mention is that this neck has a 12" radius, and it feels really good to me. It's not something I have to get used to at all. No buyer's remorse here!
Couple more pics (yeah, I'm pretty happy):

IMGP9613_zpse7f87dbe.jpg
IMGP9612_zpsf64fae07.jpg

Interesting color combo.

Yeah, it was the tone that sold me on the guitar, I wouldn't necessarily have been looking for this exact color, but cleaned up it looks even better tha it did in the store, and in person this guitar is a really more beautiful that pics can show.

Sweet! I had one of those when they came out in the 90's as something of a "special parts" guitar for gigs.

Congrats. Great guitars for sure. I've owned a ton of Strats from squires to American deluxes. I never enjoyed any strat as much as my deluxe players strat. I put a preloaded dragonfire pickguard with a humbucker in the bridge. It's absolutely fantastic.

Enjoy

Back