NGD!

Thanks everyone! I used if for rehearsal last night. The guys in my cover band loved it although I'm not sure I could do a full night with it and be happy. Its definitely going to be my "third set" rock and roll guitar though. :)

I have used mine almost exclusively live since I bought it, but that sound is definitely 'my' sound. I also use my Buckshot, but the bridge pickup is a bit weaker so the drive tones I preset in my pedal don't work as well for the Buckshot as they do for the Flatroc.

I have used mine almost exclusively live since I bought it, but that sound is definitely 'my' sound. I also use my Buckshot, but the bridge pickup is a bit weaker so the drive tones I preset in my pedal don't work as well for the Buckshot as they do for the Flatroc.

Yeah. I think that what I dig about it is also what makes it less versatile for this sort of gig.

HNGD!
Funny, I don't picture you with that guitar. Sounds really good, though.

So I used this thing yesterday for one REALLY long solo. It sounded awesome, but it was definitely not designed to play shreddy kind of stuff. Neither am I really, but thats another story :embarrassed:

My fingers were REALLY beat up after that. I'm hoping that its just a matter of getting used to the slightly higher action and bigger neck because I really do love the guitar.

So I used this thing yesterday for one REALLY long solo. It sounded awesome, but it was definitely not designed to play shreddy kind of stuff. Neither am I really, but thats another story :embarrassed:

My fingers were REALLY beat up after that. I'm hoping that its just a matter of getting used to the slightly higher action and bigger neck because I really do love the guitar.

How is the fret size compared to the Suhrs? I find the tall frets allow me to play with a lighter touch and faster.

really large. you can get the suhrs with any size you want but mine (especially on the strat) were not so large to start with and have 10 years and one dressings worth of wear on them.

The fret ends are starting to sprout a little on this thing too.

the last time I played this venue a homeless hippie guy came in and tried to play both uke and harmonica along with us from the crowd. :embarrassed:

Back