NGD!

Mark - I'm telling you know - you are going to be disappointed with the purchase. Very disappointed. It will make you angry and stressed every time you see the guitar and that is simply not good for you at all. So, in the spirit of caring for your well being and taking one for the team, just box up the guitar right now and ship it to me. I will deal with the disappointment for you. I'll PM you my address. You'll thank me later....

:grin:

So quick impressions while the video is loading.

It is DIFFERENT to play. I'm not used to the string spacing at all, and I struggle with some of the stuff you guys have heard me pull off on my Suhr. Not a bad thing, just something to get used to. The setup is immaculate.

I honestly wouldn't have thought this was an import guitar if you just put it in my hands blind. While not the same thing as my either of my Suhrs the guitar I feel is at least on par and probably superior to an American made Fender or Gibson product of twice the street price.

I've played student guitars with Bigsbys and some old stuff with Bigsbys but this one actually feels good and solid and stayed in tune far beyond where it should have :embarrassed:

The Bass contour knob is really useful. I'm not a big fan of most tone controls on guitars and try to get more of my tonal variance from pick hand placement, pickup selection and volume control adjustments but the bass contour works really well and sounds good all the way through the throw of the knob in any pickup selection. I forgot about the regular tone control to be honest :embarrassed:

Pickups sound great. WHile not the tones I would usually dial in for a cover gig I was able to get a lot of my "later in the night" sounds with pedals and a little tweaking. Its more a matter of finding the sounds in the guitar, which I haven't had time to do yet.

The only Reverends I've played to this point have been at NAMM and I wasn't in love with the guitars I tried, but that is a horrible environment to try an instrument. This guitar works really well with my Suhr amp and takes pedals really well...I'm not sure how much of the video I shot doesn't suck so I might do another one once I see what I have but I'll post something today :)

One of the things I did to the Bigsby on my Artcore was grind back the stop under the arm pivot so I could swing it a little further up toward the bass strings.there was also a slightly annoying teeny click and a squeak, but a little lube a rotating the spring slightly fixed that.

that's a nice looking Rev, about how much does it weigh?

Whoops! accidently closed the thread :embarrassed:

Self-inflicted banhammer????

NEway -- nice guitar! I've always had a fondness for goldtops and other sparkly guitars, but have never actually owned one. So -- would this essentially be Reverend's take on a La Cabronita?

Self-inflicted banhammer????

NEway -- nice guitar! I've always had a fondness for goldtops and other sparkly guitars, but have never actually owned one. So -- would this essentially be Reverend's take on a La Cabronita?

More like a Gretsch jet model.

Yeah, it's Jet-ish; the sparkle, the 'trons, the bigsby. The scale length is Fender, though, and the control config is pure Tele. The roller saddles and the graphite nut really help with staying in tune.

And, of course, the bass contour. Love that thing.

Last edited:
While the Bass Contour sounds cool on paper, you never realize how versatile it is until you get your hands on it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

OK...just a quicky warts and all. I'll do something nicer once I've spent some time with it...

[video=youtube_share;gV6zOD8SF2g]http://youtu.be/gV6zOD8SF2g[/video]

Thanks guys! It really sounds good. Maybe in a few weeks once I'm more comfortable with the guitar I'll do a nice video for it. I have a few more minutes of video with me musically crapping on myself because I'm not used the to string spacing.

Back