NGD with clip.

I got the sunburst version of that one for $400 a few months ago. $400 in Michigan money is probably a lot more than $500 in California money, so you got a good deal on it. I'm liking it so far, but for some reason mine doesn't play like yours.

I got the sunburst version of that one for $400 a few months ago. $400 in Michigan money is probably a lot more than $500 in California money, so you got a good deal on it. I'm liking it so far, but for some reason mine doesn't play like yours.
:grin:

Wein - get back to guitar center and buy the kid that guitar!

Nice Epi.
Thanks!

And she's gotta put a little more effort into her piano lessons before she gets the guitar. And then I need to find someone to teach her :embarrassed:

That sounded great! When I got my beater 175 I just started playing it on gigs right away where it was appropriate. We were doing Little Charlie, Anson, South Side Denny,and jump so the sound fit, but it got me really used to the neck. So much so I kicked my strat off stage one night due to tuning issues and did the rest of the show on the 175.

Last edited:
That sounded great! When I got my beater 175 I just started playing it on gigs right away where it was appropriate. We were doing Little Charlie, Anson, etc etc so the sound fit, but it got me really used to the neck. So much so I kicked my strat off stage one night due to tuning issues and did the rest of the show on the 175.
Thanks!

I think I'll be playing this on blues gigs for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nice playing mark. nice score on the guitar too. there's a joe pass on the local craigslist here that i've been eyeing. cool red burst but it has a bigsby.

from tonight:

I haven't been able to practice on it very much because of my elbow but I do try to play it a few times a week.

12188976_10153771822892425_3571122223020662382_n.jpg

finally restrung it and took the foam out from under the bridge. Don not like the Ernie Ball 12's on this guitar as much as I did on my Les Paul.

Why is that?
And Y U NO flatwounds? Flatwounds are cool. They make you feel jazzier so it either saves you practice time or inspires you to practice more.
Ive had them on other guitars this year and I just didn't feel like putting them on this guitar right now. I might order something a little more "jazz specific" next string change though.

Back