NGD - With Audio Clip!

Please report back after you change the strings. I’m thinking about an Epi hummingbird after it turned out that my $179 Jim Dandy sounded great with new strings.

Please report back after you change the strings. I’m thinking about an Epi hummingbird after it turned out that my $179 Jim Dandy sounded great with new strings.
I won't change the strings yet; I think they are too new for me. :grin:

If the Hummingbird is anything like this, I'd go for it. :wink:

So I just got a chance to plug it in. It is hard to really judge in my living room, but the amplified sound is much more "natural" to my ears, compared to the Lunas. Allegedly, the Shadow pickup is supposed to pick up the vibration of the strings as well as of the wood. Of course, when I was a kid, I also thought a new pair of sneakers helped me run faster. :rolleyes:

Tuesday I go to Greenfield Community TV to appear on the show, The Song. This will be my debut with the Epiphone, so I should have some good clips to share with you in the next couple of weeks.

I spent a while playing last night; the action on this is amazing. It really makes playing easy, and it just sounds so full - nice lows and highs. I have been fooling with some chord progressions that will probably wind up as songs.

(I'm kinds really psyched about this, I guess you've noticed. :hippie:)

So I just got a chance to plug it in. It is hard to really judge in my living room, but the amplified sound is much more "natural" to my ears, compared to the Lunas. Allegedly, the Shadow pickup is supposed to pick up the vibration of the strings as well as of the wood. Of course, when I was a kid, I also thought a new pair of sneakers helped me run faster. :rolleyes:

Tuesday I go to Greenfield Community TV to appear on the show, The Song. This will be my debut with the Epiphone, so I should have some good clips to share with you in the next couple of weeks.

When I was a kid, not only did new sneakers make me run faster, they also made me jump higher :grin:

Okay, here is the first song written on this guitar. This is a rough recording using my $30 digital recorder that I use for recording lectures. (I'm using Drop D tuning if anyone is interested.)

Back