NGD: Unexpected NOS 60th Anniversary Strat

aliensporebomb

Fretted instrument fan
My local store had this thing come in "used" but it still had the original film on the pickguard, was very dirty like it had been bought and left out to gather dust for a couple years then finally sold to the store where I bought it.

Unplayed shiny frets, I'd say almost in minty condition except for a few scratches on the back towards the bottom of the body. One of the nicer maple boards I've ever played but the thing that clinched the deal was the price was so low everyone in the store were a little scared of it was saying "what's wrong with it?"

I picked it up, tuned it up, played it into an amp clean and after about a minute I said "I could gig with you right now!"

But when I finally talked to my guy and said "hey, what's the story on the strat? I think I'm gonna grab it." I walked back over to secure the deal there were already others curiously picking it up and playing it and I finally put the kibosh on that.

I had some store credit so I think I ended up paying about $14 for it. I didn't really NEED another guitar but when a deal like that comes along you spring. After cleaning it up (the film on the pickguard had been there so long it left a lot of residue which took a couple hours to get rid of and the dust and dirt were pretty obnoxious) it's a nice little guitar.

IMG_3182.JPG

Last edited:
Back