NGD! Not quite a steal, but a pretty good deal.

Kelly

24 Steel Wheels of Shoegaze
Been wanting one of these since I started playing. Their discontinuation only made it more desirable to me. Guard has to go. I've never been feeling tortoiseshell. But I got the guitar and the OHSC for $450 at a pawn shop.
20764d7b4d7580bee0da08f4a45a7f0a.jpg
af17b6030ead02cbb66c18b42b3f1ec7.jpg

Looks cool. How easy/hard is it to find a different guard for that? Surely not as common as strat/tele guards.

Enjoy!
I figure if whoever owned it before could find this one I can find a regular one. The originals were BWB.

On closer inspection, I'm really curious about what model that is. I don't know that I've ever seen a jaguar with covered HBs and the "traditional" controls as well as a painted headstock.

Not a bad deal. The guard is a little on the red side. I'm not a fan of red tort. I'm not much of a humbucker guy and I think it is a crime against humanity when there is a Jag or JM without the vibrato, but I would still rock that. Congrats!

On closer inspection, I'm really curious about what model that is. I don't know that I've ever seen a jaguar with covered HBs and the "traditional" controls as well as a painted headstock.
Jaguar Special Edition. It's an MIJ model they sold between about 2002 and 2014ish. I'm not entirely sure on when production wrapped up but I think mine is a 2012. I have to double check the SN.

Jaguar Special Edition. It's an MIJ model they sold between about 2002 and 2014ish. I'm not entirely sure on when production wrapped up but I think mine is a 2012. I have to double check the SN.

Thanks. It's definitely a strange set of features!

Thanks. It's definitely a strange set of features!
If PK still has the Bigsby B5 lying around that I had on my LP for a while I might mount that up. I like the jag vibrato but I have no desire to route and mount one. But I agree with whoever said a jag/JM should have a vibe.

The humbuckers are low-output, voiced to match vintage Jag SCs. They sound phenomenal. I love this guit.

aefc35d8d75cc6685c8359cac51e05f5.jpg

Much better.

And I'm not keeping the tort. I hate tort. Especially on black like this.

Back