NGD Next project

Bob411

thrumming with potential
2015 MIM Deluxe Player's Strat. Some pics before we took off the 5 strings that were on it and cleaned off the crud.

P1110711.JPG

P1110713.JPG

Yeah, it's rust. Still looks better than it did.

Usually, I like tort and, I don't want to sound unpatriotic but, I'm not thrilled with it looks. Still couldn't pass it up, it's a player.

Was thinking, maybe if I put a black pickguard on it or, what if I just changed the pickup covers and the knobs to black. What if it didn't have gold hardware, then would everything else be not so hideous?

Bought from a friend. He thought something with the wiring was fucked up. Bridge pickup has hardly any output. Opened it up, went through with an ohm meter, I didn't find anything wrong other than the bridge pickup is dead.

On the fence with what to do with it. Should be under warranty, get it replaced for free. Warranty is non-transferable so, it would be pretending that it is still owned by friend. I'm surprised how much I like the Vintage Noiseless pickups, reviews are not kind to them. Was thinking of replacing the bridge pickup with something much hotter and not noiseless. Really like the neck and middle pickup, don't know if I would like the bridge pickup or not. Googleing Vintage Noiseless problems, people are saying fitting a noiseless into the pickup cover is why they are prone to problems, just not enough room. So, I guess I won't be changing to black pickup covers.

My main gigging guitar player n the early 90s was a blue strat with a tort guard. It did have nickel hardware and a maple fret board but it was smoking hot. When I posted my McFeely on instagram the other day, my singer from that band asked me if I still had that strat. He said it was the coolest strat he had ever seen. That said, with the gold and rosewood, I'm not completely feeling it.

Nice!!! Great bang for buck guitars. I bought one from GC for $275 shipped a bit back. I changed out the pickguard with the electronics ok Craigslist and bought a loaded dragonfire pickguard. The guitar screams.

Enjoy it!!!

2015 MIM Deluxe Player's Strat. Some pics before we took off the 5 strings that were on it and cleaned off the crud.

View attachment 32606

View attachment 32607

Yeah, it's rust. Still looks better than it did.

Usually, I like tort and, I don't want to sound unpatriotic but, I'm not thrilled with it looks. Still couldn't pass it up, it's a player.

Was thinking, maybe if I put a black pickguard on it or, what if I just changed the pickup covers and the knobs to black. What if it didn't have gold hardware, then would everything else be not so hideous?

Bought from a friend. He thought something with the wiring was fucked up. Bridge pickup has hardly any output. Opened it up, went through with an ohm meter, I didn't find anything wrong other than the bridge pickup is dead.

On the fence with what to do with it. Should be under warranty, get it replaced for free. Warranty is non-transferable so, it would be pretending that it is still owned by friend. I'm surprised how much I like the Vintage Noiseless pickups, reviews are not kind to them. Was thinking of replacing the bridge pickup with something much hotter and not noiseless. Really like the neck and middle pickup, don't know if I would like the bridge pickup or not. Googleing Vintage Noiseless problems, people are saying fitting a noiseless into the pickup cover is why they are prone to problems, just not enough room. So, I guess I won't be changing to black pickup covers.

HNGD!

HNGD.
I have one with a maple neck. I also wasn't a fan of the tort. I went with pearloid, although it's kind of wearing on my after a few years. It's a very solid guitar. I even like the pickups. And yes, they garner a lot of hate. I think for noiseless they still sound very Stratty.
I think I'm one of the few people in the world likes gold but i will say that the luster is completely gone from the neck plate. Looks more like brass now.

I'm not hugely anti-gold. I'd pretty much alas prefer chrome but, usually, I can live with it,

Big question I have to ask fellow owners, what's the bridge pickup like? :grin:

I think it's pretty good. Definitely not weak like most Strat bridge pickups. Balanced, No volume drop off.
I've never had a reason to consider replacing it.

Two weeks ago it went in for a bridge pickup. One week ago, I installed carpet for Barry. Asked him if he knew anybody that was looking for a Strat. Barry is a bass player but, actually, his grand daughter is looking. Told him when they are done, I'll bring it over and he can check it out. Next day, guy who may or not be from my local Mom and Pop says, Fender says this guitar only has a 1 year warranty. o_O Their website says it's a 5 year warranty. Whatever. Just ordered a set of Rose Maraposas.

Back