NGD + NAD

profgalen

Helper
So, My girlfriend calls to tell me that her elderly neighbors are moving and have an old accordion they want to sell. Yes, I play accordion. I learned when I was younger so that I would become popular at parties and to pick up chicks. After I buy said squeeze-box they say they have a guitar for sale. They show me this late 60s EKO Ranger 12 string. I used to have one just like it. I think Jimmy Page played that Stairway song on one of these Italian guitars. I've seen pictures of him playing one on tour in 72. Australia IIRC.
The original pup was shot but someone had wired in this old DeArmond pick-up. Sounds great. I found out later the pick-up is worth more than I payed for the whole guitar. After a set-up it plays really nice. A little worn as can be expected for it's age. The wood is beautiful. Some kind of birds-eye mahogany on the back. Sorry about the bad pictures.
IM000971_zpsc77ec4f2.jpg

IM000974_zpsf03fa975.jpg

IM000972_zpse8c05ada.jpg

IM000978_zpsc94ae96c.jpg

Oh. Here's the accordion. It's an old Hohner Club IIb Viktoria. Very nice for it's age.
IM000979_zps9531dea2.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet score x 2!

Id like a smaller more manageable acordian. My wife bought me this old monster but I can barely lift it much less play it.
Picture32.jpg

Back