Help! NGD: I never should have sold it so I got another one....

aliensporebomb

Fretted instrument fan
February 2013 I traded in my old Jackson Soloist guitar as part of another hair-brained gear acquisition scheme and even though I was happy for a time I realized later I never should have done it. I'd had that guitar around 15 years.

I played that Soloist for hours and hours and hours and that compound radius fingerboard I was just totally used to from all of that playing. It also had a percussive snap to the notes due to the ebony board.

This past thursday I stopped in at a shop I hadn't visited in a while and I saw this guitar. Thing was mint for the most part and had all the stuff I like: ebony board, very understated inlays, real floyd, real duncans, bound neck and headstock, dunlop straploks stock. Sold.

DSC_5092.jpg

The cool thing is the pickups are direct mounted so it's got a bit of a different look. For now I'm just dialing it in.

Last edited:
Very nice!

Is the Carvin gone? That Carvin looked sweet, as well :embarrassed:

Yep. That Carvin is for sale at the Music Go Round in Burnsville Minnesota if you want to check out their pics of it, I think they want $700 for it. They do ship so......

Last edited:
Back