Dig it! NGD -- frail headstock edition

Well, sounds pretty nice (clean -- through a Kustom Defender 5H/Fano AXA12.) Really, the only issue is a bit of fret sprout on the first fret -- treble side. Perhaps not too surprising since it's been sitting in a warehouse since late 2012!

BTW -- nice and light, with zero discernible neck-dive. After playing it for about ten minutes, I switched to my US Fat Strat Texas Special and was astounded at how much heavier and dead-sounding it was compared to the SG. I have a feeling that the Fender might be up for sale soon...

After playing it for about ten minutes, I switched to my US Fat Strat Texas Special and was astounded at how much heavier and dead-sounding it was compared to the SG. I have a feeling that the Fender might be up for sale soon...

I feel the same way since I got my SGs. They’re incredible guitars. As soon as I sell my Les Paul I’m getting another one.

Go check SM. I've been buying them there for years, who do you think told me that Gibson just put the kibosh on selling them to anyone (including SM). :wink:
It says they're in stock. Probably not for long though.

Are there companies that make replacement ones?

Like, JS make replacement Steinberger bridges (not the Trans-Trem though) and a few companies, like Carvin put them on their guitars. The Chinese-made Raines headless guitars uses bridge/hardware parts from some German company that I hear makes quality parts.

Unless patent/copyright laws forbid other companies from making them idn_smilie

It says they're in stock. Probably not for long though.

Are there companies that make replacement ones?

Like, JS make replacement Steinberger bridges (not the Trans-Trem though) and a few companies, like Carvin put them on their guitars. The Chinese-made Raines headless guitars uses bridge/hardware parts from some German company that I hear makes quality parts.

Unless patent/copyright laws forbid other companies from making them idn_smilie

Not in chrome in stock. I bought a few gold sets.

Working on other avenues.

Let me know if you ditch those tuners. I use them on Banshee's and Gibson just stopped selling those (since they own Steinberger) to EVERYONE. Not just me.. EVERYONE. Yay!

I will let you know -- I figure if the first string change is a PITA, I will likely switch them for grovers.

Back