Dig it! NGD -- frail headstock edition

bsman

b00b
Last Wednesday's SDOTD -- Gibson Tribute SG Future. Interestingly, it came tuned to Eb -- tuners worked easily to get it up to E, but I will be most interested to see how they work when it comes time to change strings (basically, they are locking tuners that don't use winding to change tuning -- rather the movement of the tuner up the shaft to lengthen or shorten the string-length. Otherwise, it looks nice. The finish is somewhere between matte and gloss and the neck is very comfy (compound radius). Can't wait to get home from work and plug it in! Oh -- and doesn't seem neck-heavy at all, but I'll have to get it on a strap before I can tell for sure...'

Once again -- thank you Henry J -- "Every liberty you take and every bad move you make
Every bond you break, every misstep you take, I'll be watching you" (and buying up the mistakes!) I now have three Gibsons for which I've paid $1,300 thanks to the company's goofs...

Yeah -- I figure if I don't like 'em, new tuners are pretty easy. One thing I do like: I vastly prefer the Tele-style volume and tone knobs to the usual plastic Gibby ones...

The tuners scare me. Other than that, you stole it!
I quite like the look of that finish, actually.
Hope it works out for you!

The tuner holes are 10mm. So they will fit standard Grovers. I really like the Steinberger tuners. They work very well. Great SG. If I wasn't running short on funds I would have picked one up. Congrats!

Yeah -- I figure if I don't like 'em, new tuners are pretty easy. One thing I do like: I vastly prefer the Tele-style volume and tone knobs to the usual plastic Gibby ones...

Let me know if you ditch those tuners. I use them on Banshee's and Gibson just stopped selling those (since they own Steinberger) to EVERYONE. Not just me.. EVERYONE. Yay!

Let me know if you ditch those tuners. I use them on Banshee's and Gibson just stopped selling those (since they own Steinberger) to EVERYONE. Not just me.. EVERYONE. Yay!
Stewmac sells them right now.

If Gibson stopped selling them to whomever, My guess is that the Stewmac supply will dry up soon.

Stewmac sells them right now.

If Gibson stopped selling them to whomever, My guess is that the Stewmac supply will dry up soon.

Go check SM. I've been buying them there for years, who do you think told me that Gibson just put the kibosh on selling them to anyone (including SM). :wink:

Back