NGD - Finally got a decent acoustic!

I like the older Guilds, especially the Westerly plant builds.. Congrats - those are very solid instruments. Is the D4 the model with the arched mahogany backs?

Nice guitar so I'll chime in.

Solid Spruce top
Solid Mahogany sides
Laminated arched Mahogany back

http://westerlyguildguitars.com/guitars/d4hr.html

Indeed. Thanks for chiming! While looking for acoustics, this particular model wasn't on my radar, but Guild has continually impressed me with regards to quality, consistency, and used value. I got a similarly good deal on my Starfire IV. Not often you can find deals like that on American guitars anymore. I find them a great alternative to Gibson. It will be interesting to see what the new owners of Guild do with the brand.

Indeed. Thanks for chiming! While looking for acoustics, this particular model wasn't on my radar, but Guild has continually impressed me with regards to quality, consistency, and used value. I got a similarly good deal on my Starfire IV. Not often you can find deals like that on American guitars anymore. I find them a great alternative to Gibson. It will be interesting to see what the new owners of Guild do with the brand.
I think they're the best deals out there, very underrated. It's almost a crime for what you paid.

I spend a bit of time on the acousticforum and the new ones are getting a thumbs up.

I must admit, I own a Westerley D55 :)

A drop of glue and HNGD

bouncing_tits_05_zpssmbydpoz.gif

Back