NGD - Epiphone G-1275 Custom

altoidman

aka McCartyman
This was a surprise birthday gift from my 5 year old son and Mrs. Altoidman.

photo-2_zps6bb7de6d.jpg

According to epiphonewiki.com, it was made in 2006 at the Saein factory in Korea. Yes, it's as heavy as it looks. It's mahogany with a thin flame maple cap. It's based on the Jimmy Page model. Most surprisingly, the setup and build quality are outstanding. It's got binding and beautiful fretwork and inlays. The hardware does not seem cheap. It sounds fantastic. The pickups are very well matched to the guitar. From a quality standpoint, I'd put it on par with my Reverend Manta Ray which I think is exceptional quality relative to the price range. Oh, also this beast is actually quite comfortable to play sitting; I didn't expect that.

That is very cool. HNGD! I take it the lower center switch selects guitar. Can you have both on at once. I always wondered about this.

That is very cool. HNGD! I take it the lower center switch selects guitar. Can you have both on at once. I always wondered about this.

Yep, both necks have a standard 3-way switch with LP switching and the third switch selects, 12 string, 6 string or both.

That is a guitar I would love to have but would never buy. Maybe my wife and kids should start hanging out with yours.

Those are really cool. Nothing I'd ever be likely to buy myself, but I'd love to have one as a gift if any rich sugar mommas are reading this. :embarrassed:

HNBGD!!!

HNG-GD!

Lucky you! All mine ever give me is a hard time.
I told my kids, "Someday, you'll have kids of your own."
They said, "Yeah Dad, maybe someday you will too."
:rd:

Back