NGD - couldn't help myself edition....

Aahzz

Habanero Evangelist
Was at Guitar Center for the helluvit, not really meaning to buy anything, but I spotted this on sale and it followed me home - I have always wanted a green Lester....it's a 2017 Classic. Not only is it the color and neck profile I prefer, but I adore the Gibson 57 Classic Pickups, and I've also got a soft spot for Zebra pickups. I know many have complained of Gibson's QC of late, so I went over it carefully, and it plays like butter, holds tune perfectly, and sounds fantastic - no complaints here! As a bonus, it even has locking tuners, which irritate purists I suppose, but I freaking love them for easy string changes.

On to the pics - hard to capture the color in my poorly lit house, but the first pic from the store shows it pretty well :).

IMG_5205.JPG
IMG_6728.JPG
IMG_4095.JPG
IMG_8987.JPG

I'll bet it wants to play "Finnegan's Wake" in the worst way! I like that way better than the usual wine red or cherry burst.

HNGD

I know for a fact there are great Gibsons out there. I think what everybody bitches about is, for the price, they should all be great.

HNGD

I know for a fact there are great Gibsons out there. I think what everybody bitches about is, for the price, they should all be great.

I agree, they should be consistently awesome for the prices they charge.

It'd look good with covers, but I love the zebras so much more :)
I'm not knocking them. They're just not my thing.
I'm not even sure why zebras bug me, but they do.
It's just aesthetics and I don't usually care about aesthetics on such a small scale as bobbin colour.
I don't really like uncovered pickups, but I have a few guitars with uncovered black bobbins and I don't really notice.

Back