NGD #3...hate PRS? hate Strats?

Guitar Heel

Demented Trick
So I've had the Strat bug again. This NF3 scratches it successfully. Is it perfectly Strat-like? No, but for me it's better. It sounds great, it's light, and it's well-balanced. I love these pickups. Punchy but noiseless. The neck feels great, and the vibrato is the best in the biz.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Tell me more......

How are those pickups split-able, config-wise I mean?

I really like the neck and the tuners.

I've never seen one of these, much less played one, but it looks well made.

Tell me more......

How are those pickups split-able, config-wise I mean?

I really like the neck and the tuners.

I've never seen one of these, much less played one, but it looks well made.
Thanks! Yeah, whether you like PRS or not, they get the details right. The tuners are a very nice touch. Even the black dots have a thin white ring around them. It's exceptionally well made with a tight neck pocket and lots of sustain unplugged. It's the finest guitar of it style that I've ever played, to include custom shop Strats and other high-end variants. Not saying it's the best (I'd love to try a Tyler), but it's the best I've played. Of course, it's not a Strat copy, per se, and that's a bonus.

As for the pickups, I don't know that they're splitable. I haven't peeked under the hood. But the output is low enough that it wouldn't be necessary (IMO). Seems quite a bit lower than a mini hum. Oh, just re-read your question. Sorry. It's a standard S-type configuration. Like the new SAS, I'd like for at least one of the in-between positions to be neck and bridge only. Anybody know how to do that? :)

Last edited:
Back