Dig it! NGD - 12-String Edition

That’s a lot nicer-looking than I was expecting! Hippie NGD!

Totally_jammin_outchewie0party0disco-084:bluesdance::hippie::hippie::hippie:
In the 60s a friend of mine had this:
1448_alone.png

I really wanted that guitar, but he traded it in without asking if I'd buy it. It was the first electric guitar I had any interest in. This 12-string brings pleasant memories but with 6 more strings and another pickup. :grin:

And I don't think it will get decorated. :hippie:

I had one of those DC12s (in red). They're pretty cool, but I ended up always playing Byrds stuff on it (especially "8 Miles High"), which made it a bit of a on-trick pony for me, and I needed the money, so it wound up going bye-bye. Every now and then, I contemplate getting another one. They sound surprisingly similar to Ric 12-strings.

I had one of those DC12s (in red). They're pretty cool, but I ended up always playing Byrds stuff on it (especially "8 Miles High"), which made it a bit of a on-trick pony for me, and I needed the money, so it wound up going bye-bye. Every now and then, I contemplate getting another one. They sound surprisingly similar to Ric 12-strings.
I have yet to be able to plug it in. There are at least three of my newer songs that will sound really great on this, maybe four. That will make three guitars for one solo gig. I'm getting Jackson Browne Disease. :eek:

You beat up Daryl Hannah?
No, but I am carrying a lot of guitars for one guy.

What I need now is Graham Nash's roadie. After every song, the guy came out, took the guitar, gave Nash the guitar for the next song, and the proper harmonica already in the neck rack. The best part was when, in between songs on the digital piano, the guy came out to press the button for the proper setting for the next song on the digital piano.

You could also do the 8 string mod where the low 4 strings are single and only the B and high e are doubled. Kind of a hybrid. Hippies love hybrids, right?:hippie:

s for the guitar, love it. Did you know you could play this on it?

Chix dig it!!!!

Or string it like a B.C. Rich Bich, single low E and A strings; octave strings on the D and G; and B and high are doubled.

This allows for fatter droned bass notes and power chords.

No, but I am carrying a lot of guitars for one guy.

What I need now is Graham Nash's roadie. After every song, the guy came out, took the guitar, gave Nash the guitar for the next song, and the proper harmonica already in the neck rack. The best part was when, in between songs on the digital piano, the guy came out to press the button for the proper setting for the next song on the digital piano.

LOL. That's a bit much, but at his age I guess thats acceptable.

In the 60s a friend of mine had this:
1448_alone.png

Played one for a short while.

The model pictured is 3/4 scale, and the ultra-thick basswood, truss-rod less neck was cheap crap, I love the maple necks on the modern Danos in comparison. And, of course, the amp was a widowmaker (direct feed 120VAC to the rectifier).

Played one for a short while.

The model pictured is 3/4 scale, and the ultra-thick basswood, truss-rod less neck was cheap crap, I love the maple necks on the modern Danos in comparison. And, of course, the amp was a widowmaker (direct feed 120VAC to the rectifier).

That string path isn't exactly confidence-inspiring, either!

That string path isn't exactly confidence-inspiring, either!
My friend's guitar was, however, the easiest guitar to play that I have ever tried. It is a shame that people want so much for the originals now-a-days. I am quite happy with the new ones, though.

Back