Dig it! NGD - 12-String Edition

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Dano 12.jpg

I won't get to plug it in for a few days, but it did not disappoint. Some observations:
1. Electric 12-strings are much easier to play than acoustic 12-strings. I have this in standard tuning and it isn't much different than a 6-string as far as string tension goes.
2. While this has the look of the old 1963 Silvertone I have longed for, the construction is much nicer.
3. It only took 15 minutes before I found myself playing Mr. Tambourine Man. :hippie:

There are at least two songs from the new CD, Give Love and Evolve that will benefit from the 12-string sound live. (The acoustic 12-string didn't cut it, though.) A third song, Starchild, is a synth-driven song on the CD, but I think this will pep it up in live performance.

Thanks to HIAR and others who pushed me to buy this, and thanks to Musician's Friend for giving me the 15% discount even though this was not a covered item. I get Backstage points as well. :grin:

:grin:

I usually don't buy guitars worth reselling, and do hold on to ones with special meaning to me. I have two Lunas I got through Yvonne, and the Danos remind me of my youth. The Summer of Love guitar is too nice to have sitting in a case, though.

If, however, you guys have actually totally infected me and I do decide to sell, you will be first in line. I will then erase your memory of what I paid for it. :wink:

I never really considered an electric 12-string, but my music just seems to be heading in that direction and it suddenly was the most sensible thing to do. :grin:

Luckily it was also an affordable thing to do, even if the timing sucked.

I never really considered an electric 12-string, but my music just seems to be heading in that direction and it suddenly was the most sensible thing to do. :grin:

You could also do the 8 string mod where the low 4 strings are single and only the B and high e are doubled. Kind of a hybrid. Hippies love hybrids, right?:hippie:

s for the guitar, love it. Did you know you could play this on it?

Chix dig it!!!!

Best bang for the buck there is! I purchased a Dano DC-3 many years ago and it's still kicking. If you don't already have one get a good compressor and get all jingle jangle.

It’s always nice to have whatever colors you need available to you.
I’m a Les Paul guy....but I have a Strat and Tele too.

That’s a lot nicer-looking than I was expecting! Hippie NGD!

Totally_jammin_outchewie0party0disco-084:bluesdance::hippie::hippie::hippie:

Back