NFL Wants Potential Super Bowl Halftime Acts To Pay For Right To Play

As an entertainment industry, I am shocked that they would think of charging other entertainers.

What would happen if cities started making football franchises pay for their own stadiums, or better yet, having them pay for their own stadiums, and then asking for a kickback to the city for the exposure to all the possible fans?

As an entertainment industry, I am shocked that they would think of charging other entertainers.

What would happen if cities started making football franchises pay for their own stadiums, or better yet, having them pay for their own stadiums, and then asking for a kickback to the city for the exposure to all the possible fans?

I live in Santa Clara -- about a half mile from the butt-ugly $1.3B edifice that the 49ers paid essentially nothing for and that my idiot city leaders took out $800M in bonds to build. Our little city (about 109K in population) is going to lose its collective ass. I just hope I can sell and move on before the bottom drops out...

I live in Santa Clara -- about a half mile from the butt-ugly $1.3B edifice that the 49ers paid essentially nothing for and that my idiot city leaders took out $800M in bonds to build. Our little city (about 109K in population) is going to lose its collective ass. I just hope I can sell and move on before the bottom drops out...

It's really amazing how local leaders do this time and time again. Not only does the city not make any money, but the jobs the stadium promises never materialize and crime tends to be a problem in the surrounding areas. Cobb County outside of Atlanta is putting up $600 million for a new Braves stadium, but they recently defeated the newest school budget. And then people wonder why Gary hates sports!

This is what I dislike about pro sports more than the salaries, halftime hijinks, etc. Cities bend over backwards, take ridiculous debt, and kiss the owner's asses to get teams only to get screwed in the end. The cities carry the debt and the owners reap the rewards. Al Davis and Bud Adams were masters at manipulating city leaders.

I went to grad school at Santa Clara for a while and my daughter was born there. Where is the stadium?

Pisses me off. Teams claim" oh look what it does for the city/state". Don't remember last time I received a kickback from the Vikings. I see it as no different than me wanting to start an HVAC shop,demanding my home town buy the building,get tax breaks, with my promise of it being beneficial to the community. Bs

It's really amazing how local leaders do this time and time again. Not only does the city not make any money, but the jobs the stadium promises never materialize and crime tends to be a problem in the surrounding areas. Cobb County outside of Atlanta is putting up $600 million for a new Braves stadium, but they recently defeated the newest school budget. And then people wonder why Gary hates sports!
There are a few places where it has worked out. San Diego being one of them.

Petco Park turned a dilapidated and crime ridden part of town into a thriving destination.

..I went to grad school at Santa Clara for a while and my daughter was born there. Where is the stadium?

It's located on Tasman Drive, between Lawrence Expressway and Lafayette (right across from the golf course.) One of the problems is that the bulk of Santa Clara residents (i.e., the buttholes who voted for this) live south of 101 -- and thus won't have to deal with the traffic, trash and other issues that they were happy to foist on those of us who live on the "wrong side of the tracks"...

AT&T park (SF Giants) also helped -- turned a wasteland at China Basin into a thriving upscale neighborhood. However, the area around the new 49ers Stadium is neither blighted nor criminally under-developed. Rather, it's far enough from where the members of the city council live that they won't have to deal with the headaches -- they'll just sit in their luxury boxes and enjoy the games...

Petco Park turned a dilapidated and crime ridden part of town into a thriving destination.

Same with Nats park. They put the stadium in a part of town, that when I was in high school, you wouldn't dare venture into. The greenline was a train you don't get on.

How much can I pay to get rid of the halftime show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or just put a mash up of the best marching bands out there and call it good. A mix of the more traditional ones, and the ones that get a little wild and crazy. Then they can be almost background most of the time while the pundits comment on whatever stat they are obsessed about.

The whole area surrounding CenturyLink and Safeco fields is revitalized and improved as a result. The C'link has worked out both for the Seahawks, and the Sounders, who are both hugely popular. So it worked out there too. Now Seattle just needs a place that an NHL and NBA team can share

Back