NFL Wants Potential Super Bowl Halftime Acts To Pay For Right To Play

And when I say that I gave up on sports in 1964 because I realized it was just a business, people say I'm being harsh...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Tig
Some of the past acts have been spectacular.
Some have been spectacularly bad.

Black Eyed Peas, anyone? That was a career killing performance.....

The list of finalists is a major letdown. They need another rock act - a relevant one like the Foo Fighters....

First you were snubbed by Pandora, and now they expect you to pay to play?
Fuggin' NFL mafia!

The list of finalists is a major letdown. They need another rock act - a relevant one like the Foo Fighters....

Shut your mouth.

Superbowl halftime is almost always terrible. There are exceptions, but they are rare. The Foos should stay far, far away.

the level of fail that has been the halftime show in recent memory....SHOULD have to pay to play ......that badly.

Last edited:
All of the friends I've had who would throw Superbowl parties have gotten divorced, moved away, or faded out of my life. Without a TV at home, I haven't seen a SuperBowl in maybe 5 years. I think the Black Eyed Peas were my last half time show, and it was really hard for me to be politely silent around the BEP fans in attendance.

Honestly, I like to watch the Superbowl at home, but we have friends that invite us to their party every year.

We normally go to the party until the end of the second quarter, then drive home during the half time show. I do usually dvr the show, but I'm not in a big hurry to watch it.

I'll give the NFL half of my post Super Bowl tour money to play half time. What the hell that probably won't be more than $40, 12 beers and some cold chicken wings. That would be way cheaper than buying a ticket to the game.

Back