NFL Issues Statement on Deflategate: Investigative Firm Hired to Review Patriots Electronic and Vide

On another discipline/violation/fine topic, Marshawn was fined again because he apparently grabbed his crotch again after his TD. I did not even see it in real time and he did not make a point of it. He seems to "adjust" in that area pretty regularly after running. maybe his cup gets askew. Anyway, now the NFL is fining him and telling him if he does it again, they will throw a 15 yard unsportsmanlike on it too, along with a bigger fine. Not sure what the big deal is. They hired Michael Jackson years ago, at substantial cost I am sure, to do the same thing repeatedly on stage. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/30/sports/football/30sandomir.html?_r=0

From the article: Eleven years after Jackson sang, his sister Janet bared her breast (or had it stripped bare by Justin Timberlake), leading the Federal Communications Commission to fine CBS $550,000. Michael was no angel on stage at the Rose Bowl; he grabbed his crotch repeatedly, especially as he sang “Billie Jean.”

The NFL has some kind of hard on for him it seems. Whatever, as long as he busts open a few of those amazing runs. Still, the hypocrisy puzzles me.

This really needs to go by the wayside...

NE is the the better team and they will prove it come next weekend........

Some days my dick gets harder than it can and sometimes it doesn't...............Everyone leaves happy...

Let it go................It's bullshit................

I can't believe that the media is still jacking off to this story.
whatever.gif
How many forks do we need to stick in this dead, over-tired story? :mad:

I predict lower than normal viewership for this year's SB for many different reasons, some of which will really piss off fans of either team so I'll let you imagine why... :wink:

whatever.gif

I predict lower than normal viewership for this year's SB for many different reasons, some of which will really piss off fans of either team so I'll let you imagine why... :wink:

Last night on CNN they had this "body language expert" analyzing Brady and Bellichek (sp?) as they delivered their most recent denials... total ridiculousness.

Reactions: Tig
Each offense has their own footballs.

I think they knew the balls were deflated, and I think Brady directed it. I'm sure they do it often.

I'm also sure that other teams have done the same and worse.

I'm also sure that 2 psi isn't the only reason the Pats routed the Colts last week.

I believe that's a pretty accurate assessment, especially the last part. I wish the media and/or NFL had the balls (no pun intended) to just say so and be done with it.

whatever.gif

Typical media crap. The focus of the Superbowl has been taken away by this as there is nothing else really to write about. Besides everyone has put their opinion in there in order to become considered a reputable reporter.

Typical media crap. The focus of the Superbowl has been taken away by this as there is nothing else really to write about. Besides everyone has put their opinion in there in order to become considered a reputable reporter.

this story, and the Lynch gesture/speak or not speak/fine story. Garbage. There are lots of interesting football matchups to consider, but that apparently would require journalistic work, work that the majority does not want to perform apparently. Oh well. I will attempt to ignore it.

Ha, I thought the Super Bowl was yesterday. I wish they would put the pro bowl back to the week after the Super Bowl. I think they would get better ratings if they did. I know it is a suckfest but when you know it is the last game you will be watching until next season, you may end up watching a bit of it.

Ha, I thought the Super Bowl was yesterday. I wish they would put the pro bowl back to the week after the Super Bowl. I think they would get better ratings if they did. I know it is a suckfest but when you know it is the last game you will be watching until next season, you may end up watching a bit of it.

I saw a bit of it as we were eating dinner at the brewpub. But, as I appreciate good, and hard hitting defense, I was not enjoying it and focused on dinner. It looked like route and pass drills where the D was told to lay off from what I could see. :grin: Maybe there was some D being played, but I didn't see any when I was watching.

I wish the Pro Bowl was the week after the Superbowl too. A bunch of the best players in the league should be in the Superbowl, and they should be concentrating on that game for the two weeks leading up to it.

I'd be okay with either getting rid of the Pro Bowl all together, or moving it to late spring to give us football fans something to watch in April.

I just don't understand the flap....:shrug:

From what I have heard the balls were underinflated in the 1st half after which they were properly inflated for the second half and remained properly inflated at the end of the game. Is that right?

Score at the half 17-7 score at the end 45-7

So the advantage to having underinflated footballs is you score less and have a closer game??? Green Bay must have let some of the air out of their footballs at half me thinks :idea:

:P

Got an E mail from Change.org. I had to join to sign the petition for Weird Al to play the halftime show, so I get E mails from them now.

"To maintain the legitimacy of this year's NFL Championship the Patriots should be immediately disqualified and the two teams they beat to advance should be allowed to continue with the playoff process. The AFC championship should be replayed to determine a rightful representative for the AFC in this year's Super Bowl."

Yeah, that's going to happen. :facepalm:

Back