NFL 2014 Season

I'm also a big Aaron Rodgers fan. The rest of the team I can take or leave, but he's a hell of a QB.

I'm also a huge Payton Manning fan, so even though you route against them, I always like to see Payton win.

And even though he's a great QB, I just can't stand Tom Brady or the Patriots in general, so I'll always be routing against them. Sorry Randy.

I've given up on my Giants, at least until there's some major house cleaning in the coaching staff (starting with Tom Coughlin and working their way down on both sides of the ball), and probably pulling in a QB who isn't Eli.

I like Payton a lot as well. the best QB of this generation. But I cannot stand the Broncos so I just can't pull for him to win. Kinda sad to see what has happened to the Giants - and Eli in particular. The man has two SB rings and has been a solid QB for a decade. I guess time caught up to both brothers at the same time since Payton is starting to look human as well this season.

The amazing thing in the NFL is that as much emphasis as the media puts on the QB position, and in particular the elites QBs, generally it is the team with the better defense and a solid running game that wins the Superbowls. Payton has won one SB. Marino only went to one. Elway won two when the Broncos finally got a great RB and receivers to compliment him (and a solid defense).

Last edited:
Reactions: Tig
Yeah, the Broncos have looked much more like contenders the last couple of weeks since they've got their running game working.

That was a good game (Pats vs Packers) for sure.

Brady was way off on a few too many passes to get away with against Rodgers and crew.
Brady wasn't bad overall, but a few of those balls were just off the mark.

Rodgers was on the money, for sure.

Masterful display.

Reactions: Tig
Seahawks certainly earned their win, but they also earned quite a few calls that the officials missed. :shrug:

Last edited:
Hilarious. The Rams played the Skins today. The Rams were the trade partners with the Skins when the Skins traded up to draft RGIII. So the Rams sent out the 3 players they drafted with those picks as captains for the coin toss.

Seahawks certainly earned their win, but they also earned quite a few calls that the officials missed. :shrug:
Didn't get to watch much of the game in live time as I was working, but when your opponent controls the ball nearly 70% of the game, and the other team holds your vaunted offense to 139 yards total, I don't suppose you get to complain about a couple of calls much. :wink: The Seahawks have had many questionable calls go against them this year as well.

Last edited:
WOOHOO - BAM!!!

Pat - Chargers.jpg

Watching the rewind now. Oh, and Cole got away with what should have been a big penalty with an arm across Wilson's helmet, late, after the pass was thrown, near the end of the first half , so Philly got some their way too.

Watching the rewind now. Oh, and Cole got away with what should have been a big penalty with an arm across Wilson's helmet, late, after the pass was thrown, near the end of the first half , so Philly got some their way too.

Watching some other games, the officials must have been blind all day or they all agreed to "let them play". Strange. messedup0

You are absolutely correct.

It was a pretty good game, overall, but Sanchez really showed why he is a backup quarterback, rather than a starter.
How many times did he get sacked? Seemed like every 3rd play. He just couldn't get rid of the ball, and on a lot of them, he had plenty of time in the pocket, he just held onto it too long.

The Seahawks were just straight up better, and a good team like that, you've pretty much got to have your starting QB in there.
Overall, though (with the exception of Sanchez), I thought the Eagles did OK, really did.

You are absolutely correct.

It was a pretty good game, overall, but Sanchez really showed why he is a backup quarterback, rather than a starter.
How many times did he get sacked? Seemed like every 3rd play. He just couldn't get rid of the ball, and on a lot of them, he had plenty of time in the pocket, he just held onto it too long.

The Seahawks were just straight up better, and a good team like that, you've pretty much got to have your starting QB in there.
Overall, though (with the exception of Sanchez), I thought the Eagles did OK, really did.

I didn't watch the game, but with the Seahawks D, sometimes they get going and it doesn't matter who you have in a QB. I mean they made the best QB in the history of the game look like a backup in the Super Bowl. When they are on, they are really on.

Back