NFL 2014 Season

Yeah....you are in trouble with Sanchez as your QB....

Sanchez was the least of their problems. His stats aren't bad on the day (other than the 2 INTs).
Aaron Rodgers picked the defense (especially the LB corp) apart like he was playing checkers.
Philly had no clue how to stop them.

It was painful to watch, unless you were a Packers fan, in which case the only painful thing was looking at those throwback uniforms.

They've really become solid after their earlier set back..They'll be contending...

The main thing was the unity of the O-Line. The punch in the mouth was that Gronk came back and is not 100% too, here is to hoping he is injury free for the remainder of the year. It was great watching Jonas Gray running the ball last night, pure smashmouth! Last of all the D-looked except a few passes to Coby Fleener but he too is a big guy like Gronk and J. Graham.

Not being a Bronco fan, seeing them lose yesterday was nice. But the big question around Denver right now is this- Is Manning hurt and no one is saying anything, or are the 17 seasons in the league starting to catch up with him. He looked good against the Raiders two Sundays ago - but that was against a very injured secondary.

Bad day to be a Manning :grin:

Sadly my FF opponent did have Manning so I thought I was in good shape...but I have no choice but to start Sanchez...Even then I was still in good shape up until Gronk catches that late TD pass...seriously shouldn't you be benching him in a blowout Bellick so as not to F*$k up my FF team....:mad:

Not being a Bronco fan, seeing them lose yesterday was nice. But the big question around Denver right now is this- Is Manning hurt and no one is saying anything, or are the 17 seasons in the league starting to catch up with him. He looked good against the Raiders two Sundays ago - but that was against a very injured secondary.

No running game so it is keeping Peyton way to honest now. Monte Ball and Hillman are injured.

Luckily, my football watching this year has been pretty limited.

I say luckily because my favorite teams are stinking up the joint, and my most hated teams are looking pretty good.

At least I'm not a Raiders fan.

The trajectory of Manning's throws was terrible yesterday. No zip and wobbly as all hell.

Yeah. And Denver was built to win the Superbowl now. Most people (myself included) figured Denver's window was this season and maybe next season. They beefed up the defense in the off-season, but really the offense is all about Manning. Running game is iffy. If he really is hurt or just plain wearing out then they may not even win the division much less repeat as conference champions. They can't win on the road any more.

Yeah. And Denver was built to win the Superbowl now. Most people (myself included) figured Denver's window was this season and maybe next season. They beefed up the defense in the off-season, but really the offense is all about Manning. Running game is iffy. If he really is hurt or just plain wearing out then they may not even win the division much less repeat as conference champions. They can't win on the road any more.

I think that it was an off game for Peyton. The Rams probably saw what the Pats did to them the week before and copied that pattern. As mentioned with a iffy running game, the defense can focus on all of the receivers.

I think that it was an off game for Peyton. The Rams probably saw what the Pats did to them the week before and copied that pattern. As mentioned with a iffy running game, the defense can focus on all of the receivers.

Same thing Seattle did to them in the Superbowl. Peyton is all about timing patterns. Hit the receivers at the line of scrimmage and throw off the timing. Gives the D-Line another second or two to cause problems. You have to have a good secondary to pull it off - but the good teams usually do.

Reactions: Tig
Same thing Seattle did to them in the Superbowl. Peyton is all about timing patterns. Hit the receivers at the line of scrimmage and throw off the timing. Gives the D-Line another second or two to cause problems. You have to have a good secondary to pull it off - but the good teams usually do.

Funny how the Rams were able to contain though.

And (in the last Superbowl) the Seahawks made the receivers pay for all those little chippy completions. That first hit on the first completion Denver and Manning actually completed quite a few passes. Just not too many for any significant yardage. The secondary was huge, but the play by the linebackers laying on some big hits also was a huge factor. Currently, the Seahawks are feeling the absence of Bobby Wagner and the linebackers, and Chancellor at strong safety too. Sherman is very good, but his play is better when more of those guys are on the field.

EDIT: And are also feeling the loss of front O line mainstays, and now Mebane up front and center on the D line. And Lynch is reportedly banged up, though he is still running well. A banged up set of 'hawks at this point in the season.

Last edited:
Funny how the Rams were able to contain though.

Exactly. Well....Manning really does not have a big arm for the long passes any more. Keeping the passes to 5 - 7 yards. He threw for almost 400 yards yesterday....but they only scored 7 points. I'm not even sure how that is possible.

Last edited:
Exactly. Well....Manning really does not have a big arm for the long passes any more. Keeping the passes to 5 - 7 yards. He threw for almost 400 yards yesterday....but they only scored 7 points. I'm not even sure how that is possible.

The D kept all the receivers in front of them. Rams may have played with a nickel D since the Broncos had no ground game. Keep the Broncos in check by playing Zone and double team EJ. Once he was gone, no real speed or medium deep receiver.

Denver also has been hit by the injury bug...both Sanders and J Thomas went out in that game. Would it make a difference :shrug: It might have to me, I have JT in my FF league :P

Back