Help! New Yorkians!

ColourofFire

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I'll be going on a short trip to NYC from the 22nd. I'll be working on a collaborative project with Parsons School of Design, so I don't have a lot of free time, but there will be about two days and a couple of evening to do whatever I want. Got some tips? Places to go? Places to eat that are just too good to miss? Nice bars? Gigs?

You'll be in Union Square. Have a blast, man. Everyone and their grandmother seems to be playing that weekend, but my wife is going out of town, so anything I do will have to be on toddler hours.

Visit Strand Books if books are your thing. They have more shelves of books than any other store on Earth.

Go to Trump Tower, rip your shirt off, jog in place and start screaming, "I'm running for President!! I'm running for President!!"

Last edited:
When I last hooked up with HIaR, I wound up face down in a puddle of warm RC cola somewhere in New Jersey. My lips tasted like pigeon jerky and my suitcase was full of Zappa bootlegs. I later learned I had a God Street Wine tattoo on my ass.

It was the best first marriage a boy could have.

When I last hooked up with HIaR, I wound up face down in a puddle of warm RC cola somewhere in New Jersey. My lips tasted like pigeon jerky and my suitcase was full of Zappa bootlegs. I later learned I had a God Street Wine tattoo on my ass.

It was the best first marriage a boy could have.

The crazy part is it started in the Chicago burbs.

One of my nieces was just telling me last night that a friend of hers just went to NYC, and that the friend and friends BF ate somewhere that cost them $300 for the two of them.

:eek:

I was like, "Where did they go to dinner at? Tavern On The Green?"

There has to be some good local places to eat dinner at where you don't spend an arm and a leg :embarrassed:

There has to be some good local places to eat dinner at where you don't spend an arm and a leg :embarrassed:

Dollar slice shops and street meat. It’s hard to get cheap food anywhere that has rent to pay. I have a friend in Brooklyn who was complaining that she had tea and toast and it cost her $24.

One of my nieces was just telling me last night that a friend of hers just went to NYC, and that the friend and friends BF ate somewhere that cost them $300 for the two of them.

:eek:

I was like, "Where did they go to dinner at? Tavern On The Green?"

There's plenty of great places to eat all around the city that are affordable. There's obviously a ton of places to splurge, but you don't have to go there.

Back