New year. New build.

Gotta decide on tuners so i can get the neck build underway.

I’m leaning towards nickel Gotoh vintage style TK-0880.
Dig the look & find them pretty convenient to string up. I’ve had good experiences with these tuners on a strat in the past. Guitar is going to have a classic vintage look and these fit right in.

Not really looking for more modern style or locking. Played around on a guitar with some pretty sweet open back tuners not too long ago that I really thought were great but I don’t think they fit this build. Any alternatives I’m not considering?
I’ve got the Graphtec ratio tuners on a Tele. It’s shocking how much of a difference they make. Highly recommended.

W
I have a Mastery on my McFeely. I had him build me a similar body last year, and the plan was to put a regular JM bridge and vibrato on, and eventually replace it with a Mastery. The regular on lasted about 10 minutes after I strung it up. The order was then placed for the Mastery. It really is that much better. The vibrato is so much better. I probably could have put off the bridge, but I just went ahead and got them both at the same time.
ait a second, you have a second McFeely?

The tuner bodies are cast with the mfg mark of Hanchang, a Korean tuner company

http://hctuner.com/company

Otherwise, there are no indications on the tuners, instruction or packaging as to country of origin

None of the tuners on the website look like the one i bought. That said, I got the country of origin information from the eBay listing I bought it through.

I actually contacted Mark about this build last year but he never followed up.....prob slipped through the cracks. The Novo Serus J originally inspired it then the Fender Pine JM stoked the desire for something to the specs I wanted.

I actually contacted Mark about this build last year but he never followed up.....prob slipped through the cracks. The Novo Serus J originally inspired it then the Fender Pine JM stoked the desire for something to the specs I wanted.
I think he’s been pretty busy with his rental property in Florida.

Body should be at MJT sometime this week
Haven’t heard boo from USACG. No response to emails so I’m gonna have to give them a call shortly

Another vote for antiquities. Awww I miss my mij jazzmaster now. First thing I ever bought off HC.

Lollar makes excellent JM pickups too.

14B93FA3-00C9-4340-9C00-3197DAF22017.jpeg
F84A64E5-B509-4A18-B860-563466D75935.jpeg

Things are moving forward. Gotta call usacg today and see what’s up on their end.

Last edited:
Called USACG and left a voicemail message on Saturday. No response.

I'm starting to wonder what's up.

Why did you go with them instead of Warmoth?
Great feedback from friends
Great feedback online
Wanted to grab one to compare to my warmoth neck

On one hand I'm not delayed since the body hasn't been delivered yet. Otoh I've heard how great USACG customer service is and I'm not seeing it so far. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic for a little longer

Great feedback from friends
Great feedback online
Wanted to grab one to compare to my warmoth neck

On one hand I'm not delayed since the body hasn't been delivered yet. Otoh I've heard how great USACG customer service is and I'm not seeing it so far. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic for a little longer

Gotcha. Do you like the Warmoth neck? I've got 3, and have had 2 others and don't see any reason to get them from somewhere else. I've tried a couple of other places in the past, never USACG, but was not happy with any of the others.

Gotcha. Do you like the Warmoth neck? I've got 3, and have had 2 others and don't see any reason to get them from somewhere else. I've tried a couple of other places in the past, never USACG, but was not happy with any of the others.

Yes. However a friend, who’s opinion on gear I trust, is of the opinion that the USACG necks are a bit nicer with a more played in feel out of the box. I’m curious to see for myself. Though, at this rate, it might wind up getting a Warmouth neck after all. :wink:

I'm looking back through to see if I missed something. I'm on here usually every day. BRB.

I see it. Sorry about that. I remember now trying to dig up untempered pine. The body that you ended up with looks good though.

Back