spaghetti and blankets
Details to be fleshed out but it's going to be:
JM body
roasted maple neck w/ ss frets
mastery trem and bridge
Pickups? Got some ideas but no definite
Electronics - thinking about the rothstein STB schematic
Tuners - safeti posts maybe, dunno

Just started the process to get the body under way!

If you are going for JM style pickups, the Novak wide range humbucking JM pickup is probably my favorite pickup ever. I got one for one of my builds and it is awesome. I got a regular widerange humbucker from him that I didn't really like, but the JM one is awesome.

If you are going for JM style pickups, the Novak wide range humbucking JM pickup is probably my favorite pickup ever. I got one for one of my builds and it is awesome. I got a regular widerange humbucker from him that I didn't really like, but the JM one is awesome.

Novak, Antiquity IIs or Creamery are in the top three right now.

Gotta decide on tuners so i can get the neck build underway.

I’m leaning towards nickel Gotoh vintage style TK-0880.
Dig the look & find them pretty convenient to string up. I’ve had good experiences with these tuners on a strat in the past. Guitar is going to have a classic vintage look and these fit right in.

Not really looking for more modern style or locking. Played around on a guitar with some pretty sweet open back tuners not too long ago that I really thought were great but I don’t think they fit this build. Any alternatives I’m not considering?

I don't know what all they have to offer, but Hipshot tuners have these mounting brackets which eliminate the need to screw the tuners into the wood. They may have some vintage looking ones.

6k1covershotsmall_500x.jpg

I use the locking ones on everyone I build.

I don't know what all they have to offer, but Hipshot tuners have these mounting brackets which eliminate the need to screw the tuners into the wood. They may have some vintage looking ones.

View attachment 38354

The classic open backs are kinda neat. Where are you getting them from?

View attachment 38354

I put these on my Strat. The best part is no worries about getting them straight, especially with a new neck.

To do: order electronics and select some pickups.

w/r/t the trem and bridge, one option would be to grab an AVRI trem kit and add a staytrem collet and arm....but, that's only like 3 bucks cheaper than the mastery so that's a no brainer.
OTOH the staytrem bridge is $88 vs $170 for the mastery. Twice the price but you get a deeper string saddles, adjustable radius and that solid build. I'm weighing options here but still leaning towards the mastery.

To do: order electronics and select some pickups.

w/r/t the trem and bridge, one option would be to grab an AVRI trem kit and add a staytrem collet and arm....but, that's only like 3 bucks cheaper than the mastery so that's a no brainer.
OTOH the staytrem bridge is $88 vs $170 for the mastery. Twice the price but you get a deeper string saddles, adjustable radius and that solid build. I'm weighing options here but still leaning towards the mastery.

I have a Mastery on my McFeely. I had him build me a similar body last year, and the plan was to put a regular JM bridge and vibrato on, and eventually replace it with a Mastery. The regular on lasted about 10 minutes after I strung it up. The order was then placed for the Mastery. It really is that much better. The vibrato is so much better. I probably could have put off the bridge, but I just went ahead and got them both at the same time.

Back