New Vox Day

Woody_in_MN

Coptic Orthodox Deacon
So I was looking pretty hard at a Peavey Nano Vypyr - but then this used Vox Mini 5 became available at a local store where I had $50 credit. The Vox has a built in rhythm section. Something to use to practice scales, and to keep my beats honest. When I tried it at the music store I was not super impressed. But once I got it home and started tweaking the controls I really like it. I have been having a whale of a lot of fun with it since then. It has switchable 5 watts, 1.5, and .1 watts. It sounds pretty good to me at 1.5 Watts. Maybe its the small speaker, but 5 watts can actually sound pretty load. The 6.5 inch speaker does really well except when it gets to highly saturated metal tones with heavy bass. I have included some bonus shots of my transported music room. (The curtains will go at some point.)

Love the Vox.

VOXMINI1.JPG

VOXMINI2.JPG

NEWMUSICROOM1.JPG

NEWMUSICROOM2.JPG

NEWMUSICROOM3.JPG

Last edited:
Happy NAD! I have a Mini 3, and find it's a great practice amp. Plus, the ability to plug in a mic makes it a mini-PA in a pinch. I'll have to check out hte mini 5!

Right - there is a mini 3 too. I never new about this series until I saw it at my local music store. The tones are pretty convincing on this. I expect the Mini 3 has good tone as well.

Looking at the layout, it appears to me that the amp models are identical, but the Mini5 gives you the ability to select different power outputs, and of course the rhythm.

HNVAD!

Like bsman, I have the Mini 3, as well. It has amazingly good tone for it's size, so I know you'll enjoy the Mini 5.

Hi GH - Long Time no see. Did you see the pics of my new crib? I know about the VT's - I agree they are great little amps. The only thing I wish this had (VT's too) is a speaker out.

The Mini has been a blast. The neat thing about an amp this small is you can store it in a book case. Much easier to hide from Mrs Woody. :barney:

Thanks All.

HNAD!

How do you like your V3 mini?

That was one of the amps I was looking at 2 years ago, before I settled on the EVH III mini.

Back