New Thread Idea: Which one would you choose? Fender

I found a used one pretty cheao earlier this year. It was tempting as well, but I'd rather have this:

fenderj.jpg

The J Mascis model is pretty cool. I just thought that the Thurston Moore I tried out sounded better, than the Mascis I tried.

Hmm, none of the fancy 'Merican ones have the pickups I want, so I pick the Jimmy Vaughan in olympic white. But wait, I want a "C" neck instead of soft "V" so I guess I want my guitar instead.

Yeah, I'm adhering to my first non-impression with Ritchie.
He's too good-looking and Ritchie Rich looking to really know the blues.
I bet he has his Appalonian scale variations down.

Yeah, I'm adhering to my first non-impression with Ritchie.
He's too good-looking and Ritchie Rich looking to really know the blues.
I bet he has his Appalonian scale variations down.

Would you settle for a Montana runaway hanging out on the streets of the San Fernando Valley looking for a strong father figure? :)

Maybe there needs to be a new "genre" or artificial label for white guy blues music. I really like Mayer, Bonamassa, SRV, etc., and I get tired of the complaint that it is not really the blues. If it is not, that might be ok.

Maybe there needs to be a new "genre" or artificial label for white guy blues music. I really like Mayer, Bonamassa, SRV, etc., and I get tired of the complaint that it is not really the blues. If it is not, that might be ok.

i can dig SRV, but not the others. dude could bring it. all the other guys bring is mayo.

I'm with you, Mayer isn't my favorite but mostly because I don't dig his singing style. I love the stuff that Bonamass does, If Heataches Were Nickles is one of my favorite tunes. I also enjoy Johnny Lang quite a bit. They can call it what ever they want it still kicks ass.

Well, it's a funny thing... I have seen footage of Bonamasa completely shredding cover tunes.... He can really play his guitar... Yet, he bugs me... his original stuff just bugs the shit out of me... Mayer is a hell of a player, pretty shit talking boy or not... He definitely has chops... Still, he bugs me... SRV ripped it up... Of course, if all I had to listen to was SRV, he would bug me, too... Still, SRV had a raw way of playing that I like, and most of those guys aint got...

Back