New Thread Idea: Which one would you choose? Fender

I'm a man of simple tastes...nothing flashy or overpriced for me...

SO...

I'll take an American Vintage Reissue '62 Strat...sunburst plz...

0100100800_xl.jpg

Is there a US made Floyd Rose Strat?..the only ones I've seen here are MIM..which I haven't got a problem with, but the Floyd on those is some cheap crap.

That one I posted was made in Japan for only a couple of years 89-90, I think. It's called the HRR 60's Strat. I have one, but it's in pieces awaiting a refinish. The Floyd on it is a good one.

This:

Thurston Moore Jazzmaster
0115200750_md.jpg

I played one last February, and it was a seriously cool looking, cool playing, and cool sounding guitar - it just cost more than I was willing to pay.

This:

Thurston Moore Jazzmaster
0115200750_md.jpg

I played one last February, and it was a seriously cool looking, cool playing, and cool sounding guitar - it just cost more than I was willing to pay.

I found a used one pretty cheao earlier this year. It was tempting as well, but I'd rather have this:

fenderj.jpg

Is there a US made Floyd Rose Strat?..the only ones I've seen here are MIM..which I haven't got a problem with, but the Floyd on those is some cheap crap.

You could always look for a used 90s HRR 50s model Strat. MIJ w/ an OFR and DiMarzio bridge bucker. I had one for years and stupidly sold it.

Out of the current production, I'd take either the Thurston Moore or Lee Ranaldo JMs.

‘56 Stratocaster® Relic®

394020258.jpg

The ’56 Stratocaster Relic guitar incorporates many unique details from one of the most sought-after and collectable Strats ever made—it features a 10/56 neck, two-piece alder body and single-ply pickguard. We’ve even recreated tooling holes and marks made during the original production process!

This guitar has been given our “Relic” treatment—built to show years of natural wear and tear; with nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.

I'm not big on relics, but I had a '56 Mary Kaye, and I kick my own ass every day for selling it a few years ago.

Considering I started out with a '64 Stratocaster in 1970, Fender is dear to my heart. Very dear. I'm way past Fender now, so I'm just commenting.

Who is Ritchie Kotzen? At least he knows enough to put six individual bridge pieces on a Tele.
He obviously likes a darker sunburst, but the pickguard is too light and plain for such a custom version.

Seeing the '59 style Aztec Gold strat really hits a nerve. While I don't like gold on a guitar, or much else, this is a gold paint job I get into.
Dick Dale, who also plays guitar left-handed with bass strings on the bottom, has one, the only guitar I don't have that I could easily get into playing.
His was custom built for him, but when I see him playing it I feel like it could be me, very nice.

Whoever Jim Adkins is, he must get into being a poser, or endorsing guitars he wouldn't use onstage himself.
An f-hole, just on one side? An insult to intelligent musicians. And thin-line? Why even bother.

That vintage '62 "custom" reissue looks almost authentic, just seeing a too dark sunburst.
And why buy such a retro "collectible" when you probably don't want to change it, but it only has one headstock string retainer.
And if is has the original design non-adjustable tuners, you'd need to change those right away.

Thurston Moore must be a real Jazzmaster player. Everything he changed about Fender design makes it more playable.
Losing all the slider and turny switches, is what you have to do to be able to stand up and play without always accidentally switching things.
Getting into a stained and clear-coated finish is a big change from all the traditional sunburst and solid colors, without affecting sound.
He should have got a Strat-style tremolo. That detuning lockdown button never seems to work properly, and the tremolo is Bigsby sounding.

I'm waiting to see if anyone gets into one of those semi-acoustic Strats I've seen around.

At least he knows enough to put six individual bridge pieces on a Tele.

no need to anymore. you can buy compensated tele saddles that retain the 3 barrel design but intonate perfectly.

I'm waiting to see if anyone gets into one of those semi-acoustic Strats I've seen around.

unfortunately, those things are garbage.

Back